Say good bye to one of our greatest leaders ..Ronald Reagan dead at 93

Hats off to one of our greatest presidents.

I wish we had the smiley face saluting the flag like on ********, because he is a man that truly deserves it.

Rest in peace.

Looking back on a very old post, you called Reagan on of our greatest presidents, yet you have an Obama avatar. Did Obama really win over that many Republicans? Or did Bush turn them away?

Looking back on a very old post, you called Reagan on of our greatest presidents, yet you have an Obama avatar. Did Obama really win over that many Republicans? Or did Bush turn them away?

I think, and thought at the time, that Reagan did good things for the military and the Navy in particular. I didn't and don't agree with many of his economic policies, but you've got to take the good with the bad.

I wouldn't by any stretch call myself a Republican, but if this were 1985 instead of 2009 I can easily see myself as having voted for Reagan over Mondale.

Also, no need to speak ill of the dead.

I think, and thought at the time, that Reagan did good things for the military and the Navy in particular. I didn't and don't agree with many of his economic policies, but you've got to take the good with the bad.

I wouldn't by any stretch call myself a Republican, but if this were 1985 instead of 2009 I can easily see myself as having voted for Reagan over Mondale.

Also, no need to speak ill of the dead.

Suppose we could have any former president run in their primes. Would you take Reagan or Obama today? I'd vote for Reagan over ANY other president.

Suppose we could have any former president run in their primes. Would you take Reagan or Obama today? I'd vote for Reagan over ANY other president.

Was that a rhetorical question?I not sure a question like that even needs to be addressed.

Was that a rhetorical question?I not sure a question like that even needs to be addressed.

Of course it doesn't "need" to be addressed. But how many questions do? I am on baseball forums, and (random example) "Who was better, Ted Williams or Ty Cobb?" or "How would Babe Ruth do today?" come up. While it may not be needed, it's fun to talk about.

Of course it doesn't "need" to be addressed. But how many questions do? I am on baseball forums, and (random example) "Who was better, Ted Williams or Ty Cobb?" or "How would Babe Ruth do today?" come up. While it may not be needed, it's fun to talk about.

between Reagan and Obama it would not have even been close.

Obama got 52% of the vote, running against another Democrat :rolleyes:

between Reagan and Obama it would not have even been close.

Obama got 52% of the vote, running against another Democrat :rolleyes:

I completely agree. The only mistake Regan made was picking Bush as his VP.