saving another limited or so I hope!

Yeah, that is a good job there. Nice work. Glad you are going through all this to save that Regal. Really looks pretty. Put it back together slow and easy, and never when you're in a bad mood!:mad: Always do while happy.:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

I took bruce's advice...and waiting until i wasn't mad at it, and was actually excited about it again.....so.....

A one year later update......finally started to actually put it back together today. Past few weeks collected all my parts from dissassembly that i had stored everywhere and got the car and parts now in the same spot. Spent lots of time sorting stuff and seeing what i had. Spent almost as much time looking at stuff going wtf is that for? Did the fiberglass bumper filler install and check fitment with bumpers. And finally replaced my fuel pump too.

I actually had fun working on it, so i'm glad that feeling came back. Glad i was able to store it far away where i didn't have to see it, or think about it.

Think im gonna find a space heater for the garage too, working in january is gonna suck without it.

nice i just did the same thing. i can't find my old thread but i started a current one. preparing for paint 2. since i just put my whole exterior together let me know if you run into a jam. i'll help while my memory is fresh. doing my interior next.

D

Took this week off as vacation to start to put the car back together. Originally I thought a week would have it done no problem. Lol It would seem i grossly underestimated how long. Seems lots of little stuff is taking a ton of time to put back together. The fiberglass filler took quite to install and to get to fit nice. My original header panel was destroyed when the body shop had it so they replaced it with a new fiberglass one. but little stuff like reshaping the holes for all the clips took quite awhile too. But, I have made some progress with it, and hopefully I can at least get part of the interior in this week.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

I shoulda pulled t he door windows before i sent it off to body shop. The bead blaster destroyed the glass, and the window regulators were super gummed up with dush/grease. Was like cement. Spent awhile cleaning all the crap off them. I'd had all the other windows removed before paint, I guess i was just being lazy/stupid. Lol lots of lessons learned from this project.

Also waiting for parts in the mail sucks.

Finally got the weatherstrip install for the t-tops. Most of it went in really nice, but the front secton was a huge PITA to do. It was really tight getting it under the front strips to hold it down. Ended up taking them off, putting them on top of the lip and pushing the trim down and then screwing it down. The rest was easy. Found some pinholes in my passenger side floor pan of the rear seat so i guess I'm going to get to weld in some patchs.

I finally got my car completed. It feels good to finally reach a state where I'll be able to drive it and do repairs or mods and not have it down indefinitely as in the past.

This was my first car I've ever quasi restored and it ended up being a way bigger project and costing waaay more then I ever thought it would. But i learned lots and it was usually fun to work on more times then it wasn't fun to work on.

Now to drive it for a bit and tie up the loose ends on stuff that I'm not completely satisfied with.

Very nice work. You are right you can do any mods you want to it. It turned out really nice.