Sample of Flowmaster Super 44s on a 1996 Cobra

1quick6

Shadetree Mechanic
I know it's a Ford, but I put a Flowmaster American Thunder cat back system on my 1996 Cobra that is otherwise pretty much stock. The kit is really easy to put in and the stainless tailpipes lined up perfectly, which is good because I am anal about that. The car does sound much nicer and it isn't as loud as I thought it would be. The only thing I don't like is that the word FLOWMASTER is stenciled on the side of the polished stainless tailpipes.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFpi7pJhzJo[/YOUTUBE]

I like cobras they taste like chicken!HAD A WHITE ONE W/THE H PIPE AND NO CATS IT WAS LOAD!

ditch the chambered mufflers from flowmaster and go OUTLAW! its an exclusive design which no other muffler company has. its a coreless muffler, meaning it has not a perforated or louvered core. its called a flowmaster outlaw racing muffler.

if you really want to turn it up replace your stock cat or your 'high flow' cat with a NEW generation 200 cell spun metallic cat. It has a spun metallic center rather then a honeycomb ceramic center of the stock and 'high flow' cats of the past. 200 cell metallic spun cats are universal. the cat and the muffler can be googled.

your not going to get any mustang love here, check out my mustang video I just posted a few days ago, some of the most ballsy driving from a stang I have ever seen, not to mention its something I've never seen or even heard of a GN doing. Its a little different then drag racing, check it out.

cool ride, even though I'm not a mustang guy it sounds great!

Oh, I know I won't get any Mustang love around here. ;) I am not a die hard brand specific car guy.

I didn't want to spend a lot on a system, so for $350 complete, I think it was an ok improvement.