salvage GNX

83ttypecooled

Hi friends,
What do you think a GNX would be worth with a few things missing? The car is in storage at an salvage yard, is a stolen/recovered vehicle. I have seen nothing but a few crummy pictures, by which I can tell that there is a lot of peripheral stuff missing,including the whole dash, turbo shield and rear bumper with left rear corner piece. No shots were provided of the undercarriage, so I don't know if they got to the suspension or not. It is riding on all 4 tires, though at least 2 are rolling replacements, not correct. Current auction price is around 3300. Fender flares and louvers are intact. I guess this could be a clone, but I have a hunch it is not. Also, there is evidence of modification, as it looks like a front mounted intercooler is installed. Part of the plumbing for this could be missing, as the pictures are too bad to make that out.
Like a dumbass, I didn't record the vin. I think I can get that if needed.
What do you think? By the way, a salvage title has been issued.
Dale

if it is a X do what i would do buy it fix it!! and beat the tires off of it!!! not many can say they did that to a X

Hi,
My stable is pretty full of cars that need all kinds of different things, don't know if I want another project. I guarantee the 3300 price will escalate as it comes down to the auction. What do you guys think is a high price?

salvage title will really hurt ... BUT I think someone would pay good $$$ for it thinking he can get $30k done :rolleyes: :eek:

I know the car youre talking about. A good friend of mine works at a Copart location and I can get the full VIN numbers, even though they're not supposed to give them out. Its not a GNX. Its a clone. Was a nice car before it was stolen and chopped up. Notice the Precision front mount?

Its up to $6k already. :rolleyes: Some bonehead will go and bid a pile of money on the car thinking its a real one without ever looking at it in person. You'd be amazed at what that car will sell for. Its got normal GN rear suspension as well.

Thanks guys for the info. This is why I asked for your help. I don't need another car now anyhow,should get my other stuff in order first.

I saw a "GNX" on auto trader some time back. It was going for 4k. I think it was the special edition GNX without the louvers or any other GNX parts. But it did have the GNX emblems, lol. Sad thing was, I called for kicks and it had been sold. Poor guy should have done his research.