Sally's GN build

I didn't, but now that you point it out,they do look great in the 87 style cloth material.
I was thinking they would look good in that material but with the grey center and black outer sections like the original 87 seats,but now that i see them in all black with the grey piping,that looks excellent too, especially since you did the upper door palels in black to match.
Did you do the rear seat all black to match also ?

I think if the door panels were to be left in the original grey, it might look better with the grey seat centers.
But either way they do look excellent.
Yes, the entire cloth interior is black including the headliner. If it's vinyl.....I left it grey. I needed to find a way to pull the grey color off the dash and introduce it into the rest of the interior so I used the piping. This way it would all integrate nicely as an entire scheme. This helps because the third brake light and opera panels are, of course, grey vinyl and it seems to mesh well as a whole. Another pic below....................
image-jpg.244080

Yes, the entire cloth interior is black including the headliner. If it's vinyl.....I left it grey. I needed to find a way to pull the grey color off the dash and introduce it into the rest of the interior so I used the piping. This way it would all integrate nicely as an entire scheme. This helps because the third brake light and opera panels are, of course, grey vinyl and it seems to mesh well as a whole. Another pic below....................
image-jpg.244080

Yup, that looks great.

Yup, that looks great.
Oh, and I forgot. This car had a split bench seat at one time. So I took the arm rest and its pivot assembly from the bench seat and mounted it to the back of the console. So the armrest folds up when not in use. Convenient.

Ny twin turbo, i was wondering what type of b&m shifter you were talking about,is that the one in your car? Is it hooked to a 200r4. Thanks Gene.

Reactions: WH1
Ny twin turbo, i was wondering what type of b&m shifter you were talking about,is that the one in your car? Is it hooked to a 200r4. Thanks Gene.
The B&M Hammer Shifter I mentioned earlier looks a little different. It has more of a manual shifter look. Leather boot. Kind of what you would see in a modern sports car.

The one in my car is a B&M Mega Shifter. It's a little more of a race look.

Both will work on a 200 and on a 400. Mine is on a 400 with a manual reverse valve body.

The lear seats even look more comfortable than the stock seats, nice job.
Sally, it's my understanding that the interior of the Pontiac grand-prix fits in the g-body, which would give you another option.

Now lets talk brakes........

I want to go all disc brakes, BUT I want to stay with my 15inch stock like wheels. I found the front I like, but would makes a kit for the rear? Also what master cylinder should I go with?

What else should I be thinking about when it comes to the brakes?

I want to go all disc brakes, BUT I want to stay with my 15inch stock like wheels. I found the front I like, but would makes a kit for the rear? Also what master cylinder should I go with?

GNSperformance offers baer brakes to fit the g-bodies in 11 and 12" rotors.

Well I went to my upholstery guy and talked it over, he told me to keep what I wanted to leave stock in the car and the rest he will make one off stuff.........

Well this got out of hand fast lol

He is going to use the seats for the colors and lay out of my car now. Going to some what copy an aston martin for the dash, mostly use suede and stuff.

Now going to pull the carpet and do the floor and doors in dynomat, also fix the rats nest of wiring in the dash.

Last edited:
if anyone could help me get that sunroof thing out that would be nice. I have searched and searched and couldn't find a how to.

This is the hydro kit and master cylinder that I'm using. I went with a vacuum set-up a couple of years ago when my powermaster was dying but didn't like it. Waste of $500.... This Hydratech kit is very nice but what sucks about it is the master cylinder is ugly, and I like my shit to look nice..... So I went with the Baer polished 1-1/8 master cylinder. I also have Baer disk on all four corners. I got mine from Scott @ GNS. Scott's a great guy and will help you with anything he can.
http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44185/HYDRATECH+HYDRO+BOOST+CONVERSION+KIT+#7618.html
http://baer.com/Remaster.html

This is the hydro kit and master cylinder that I'm using. I went with a vacuum set-up a couple of years ago when my powermaster was dying but didn't like it. Waste of $500.... This Hydratech kit is very nice but what sucks about it is the master cylinder is ugly, and I like my shit to look nice..... So I went with the Baer polished 1-1/8 master cylinder. I also have Baer disk on all four corners. I got mine from Scott @ GNS. Scott's a great guy and will help you with anything he can.
http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44185/HYDRATECH+HYDRO+BOOST+CONVERSION+KIT+#7618.html
http://baer.com/Remaster.html

Damn, thats for the link, and I love that master cylinder.

Bear Brakes makes everything you need for the front and back. I went with non-power and a Willwood master cylinder. I got the polished one piece because it's pretty.

if anyone could help me get that sunroof thing out that would be nice. I have searched and searched and couldn't find a how to.
Are you looking to remove the glass for paint or looking to remove the entire assembly ?
My moonroof isn't a factory unit so it may be a little different. If you put the glass in the popped up position you can see a couple of screws on the track that need to be removed , then the glass will slide forward and out. Then there are a couple more screws that hold the slider rails , remove these screws and the slider board can be removed.
My entire pan assembly seems to be glued to the roof as well as clamped.
Hope this helps

Bryan