Salem 2006 TSO Roll Call

TurboDiverArt

The Guru Thorn
Hi All,

We are trying to get an estimate of the number of cars that are planning to come out and race TSO in Salem. Due to family constraints Chris Lyons who normally coordinates the Salem race has asked me to step in and lend a hand. I plan on calling up Ed Baker to help out as Race Coordinator like he did in Norwalk this year.

The current schedule for racing is to have two qualifying passes on Friday night. An additional qualifying pass is scheduled for Sunday afternoon in the heat, should give a good indication as to what the track will hold for first round of eliminations. Eliminations will start in the late afternoon and complete Saturday night.

There is $750 up for grabs to the winner and $375 for the runner up. Like Indy and Norwalk, this is one of the biggest TSO payout this year. An 8 car minimum field is required. Racers must qualify with a 9.99 minimum to enter eliminations. I believe this is going to be the biggest TSO field this year and should have some very exciting racing. Come on out, have some fun and maybe take home the cash!

Hartline Performance will pay an additional $100 contingency to the winner and $50 to the runner up if they have a Hartline Performance sticker on their car.

If there are other vendors that wish to pay contingency please let me know so I can get the word out.

Thanks and let’s go racing!
Art.

Art,

Dave Fiscus approached me after Indy and asked if was interested in running TSO. I told him Yes........but I have a stock appearing Lexan windshield and no inner fenders.......... so technically, my car doesn't fit the class.

Can you bend the rules for a small single turbo S2 guy like me or should I plan to run Super 16?

turbodave231 said:
Art,

Dave Fiscus approached me after Indy and asked if was interested in running TSO. I told him Yes........but I have a stock appearing Lexan windshield and no inner fenders.......... so technically, my car doesn't fit the class.

Can you bend the rules for a small single turbo S2 guy like me or should I plan to run Super 16?
That's up to the racers. I think what would most likely happen is the same as in other races. If there were note enough people to fill the 8-car field concessions would be made based on a racers vote. Rules are rules and it's up to the others to decide. My personal feeling is that bending the rules for an item that does not give a performance advantage is OK. Lexan windshield isn't going to give a performance advantage as long as you meet the minimum requirement. Same with the fender well. I doubt anyone would have an issue with the fender well, it's the lexan that I'm concerned people would take issue with. I think we're going to have to wait and see.

You can run both classes. I myself plan to run TSO on Saturday and Q-16 on Sunday. I'm double checking to ensure that qualifying and elimination runs in TSO will count as Q-16 qualifying runs since they are run on the same day (Saturday). I'm pretty sure they do but I want to double check.

What size turbo is small?

Art.

Art,

Thanks for the reply. T-76 is kinda small.....right? I like the idea of running both. I'll have to put a steel rear bumper on the car to make the 3300# weight.

turbodave231 said:
Art,

Thanks for the reply. T-76 is kinda small.....right? I like the idea of running both. I'll have to put a steel rear bumper on the car to make the 3300# weight.
Depends on what kind of 76. 42/76 puts out enough for an 8 second pass. Older 76's are about mid 9's, maybe lower 9's if the car is light.

You will definitely need to make weight, no leeway on this one.

Art.