Sage cars

I'm kind of camera crazy at car shows. I have been know to take over 600 pictures..I knew they would become useful someday.

Jason

1 of 7? I only know of 2 factory sage turbo cars, this limited and a base model sage T. Dennis has only seen or heard of these 2 examples also. I bought it off Kirban going on 4 years ago who got it off the org family owner. Yep this is the one from the GS nats.

1 of 7? I only know of 2 factory sage turbo cars, this limited and a base model sage T. Dennis has only seen or heard of these 2 examples also. I bought it off Kirban going on 4 years ago who got it off the org family owner. Yep this is the one from the GS nats.

Hey what gauge holder is that under the dash I really like the way it looks :biggrin:

TIA

The only 2 real ones that I know of are:

>> The Limited from Ohio. You have to see this car in person to even appreciate it. I saw it in 2005 and took many pics.:D

>> There are pics of the base Turbo T on Clay Marlow's site that were taken during a Reynolds Georgia Buick meet. I'm not certain of the year.

There may be possibly one or two more floating around but you have to remember that Light Sage Metallic was only available in the very first months of the model year (Sept - Nov 1986).

I have seen a few (maybe 5-10) NA versions in base and Limited trim in my area....some even up until recently.

The other 2 Turbo cars that I know of are:

>> Bryan's NA conversion. Which is quite cool BTW. Now if he could only find a Green Leather steering wheel!

>> The repaint California car that was for sale on this board last year.

I have a "sweetspot" for the Sage cars because my first car was a triple green '77 Regal.

Epitome YOU know where there is more? Do tell because I would take another:D

ttypewe4jim there are autometer guage holders...I will have to dig up the part numbers for you.

troGNman Those are the exact ones I have ever known of also. I had a guy at the Nats a couple years ago tell me he knows of one in Florida with tan leather interior, right away I knew it was either a fake or he was full of $hit. The only way to order a sage turbo car was with the green interior. Either the base regal bench seat, 55/45 designed bench, or the pillow top bench seats in the Limited according to the Buick Marketing Manual. Another guy said he seen one in Cali and was "pretty sure" it was a turbo car:rolleyes: I searched high and low and made a ton of calls since the mid 90s looking for one. The only one I saw in person was at the Nats where the previous owner had mine and the one that was down in Georgia at Reynolds.

Im not going to say that there was only 2 made because there is no way of really knowing but until someone finds one and and can prove it with the original RPO trunk sticker intact with Vin and alot of 43 codes all over it, I will stick with 2 as the magic number.;)

There may be possibly one or two more floating around but you have to remember that Light Sage Metallic was only available in the very first months of the model year (Sept - Nov 1986).

Thats an incorrect statement. You could order a sage car up until the end which was the month of May. The WO2 option could not be ordered after Nov-86. What the heck am I writing. You couldn't get the W02 on a sage car. Thats the only color other than black and you could before Nov-86 on the black.

And I do believe you could have ordered the gray and quite possibly the tan leather interior with 45/45 and shorty console on the sage if you ordered the Limited option. It would have a gray or tan leather wheel. I'd have to double check the order manual on that tan leather option.

Thats an incorrect statement. You could order a sage car up until the end which was the month of May.

You may be right on that, Eric.
I was going by foggy memory that there were three colors that could not be ordered after Nov '86. Why that cutoff date? I don't know. That is why you don't see many cars with the following colors:
> Light Sage Metallic
> Dark Brown Metallic
> Cream Beige

If Light Sage Metallic was offered until May '87, wouldn't there be more of them around?

I agree, you think there would be alot more around if it was possible to order up until may of 87, basically 6 more months of orders. I was always unclear on when it was "offically" stopped.

But as far as the options on an 87 if you were to walk into a GM dealer and sit down and put a car together the only way you could get sage exterior was with green interior. You could not order it with any other color interior according to the Buick marketing manual limited or other. I have the 87 Manual for all the cars that year, it about 4 inches thick. Also the only way to get a green interior was on a sage car or a white car(now that would be differant). But maybe somehow, somewhere, someone got them to do other wise but unlikely.

Ahhh, come on stop posting Limited87's car,I keep getting wood.....:eek: and dont post any white car either :smile: :wink:

Ahhh, come on stop posting Limited87's car,I keep getting wood.....:eek: and dont post any white car either :smile: :wink:

I have 2 white ones & 1 is yours ;)

In Md. by Harford Rd there was an 87 Sage Green T.Old women Driving the car. She has about 10 of my cards. I haven't seen the sage green T in 4 years not sure what happened to it.

I have 2 white ones & 1 is yours ;)

In Md. by Harford Rd there was an 87 Sage Green T.Old women Driving the car. She has about 10 of my cards. I haven't seen the sage green T in 4 years not sure what happened to it.
my white one now is a TTA,,got any parts for them....:) :)

Cutoff date info found

This is taken from Dennis Kirban's book "....Guide to 1986 and 1987 Buick Turbo Regals" page 248.

It quotes:
It is interesting to note that Buick put out two Product Information Bulletins about paint colors. One Product Bulletin was dated March 6, 1987. On that day they discontinued the following colors; light sage metallic, cream beige, and brown. Later that month, on March 20, 1987 they discontinued the "Designers' Accent Paint" color combination of brown and light brown. The reason given was, by deleting these paint options it would reduce overall build complexity. In other words, not enough were being ordered to warrant these colors in production.

I hope this clears things up a little at least.....maybe not.;)

From what ive heard, somewhere, somehow. There were 7 made.

I do have a few pics of the base regal turbo at the nationals from YEARS ago, is this the same car thats on efistreet.org?????? I forget the website.

Its been awhile, what about sagecoach that posts here, is that you also?

BW

Attachments

• Cars%204%20sale%20blue%20parts%20car%20001.jpg
    Cars%204%20sale%20blue%20parts%20car%20001.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 394
all over it, I will stick with 2 as the magic number.;)

Lets make a list-
So everyone is clear there is a list started at the bottom of this page, just like every page.
It lists every SAGE green post that has that word in the thread.

I really think there are 7, i "heard" it from someone.....
Lets find out and bust that myth factor:biggrin:

Here is the stipulation.
A picture must be in this thread of the sage green car to proove its a real car., i dont care if its a turbo, or a non turbo, or a sage car originally or a converted over to either which way.
As long as its a turbo sage green car, post it.

---------------

We will split it as to
REAL OR NO REAL <--- i think we can all remember that from the show deal or no deal LOL
So here we go.

REAL:

NO REAL: BRYAN 87 3.8 sage green on green converted to 3.8 SFI

Everyone please copy and paste one after another, the last post should show 7 cars total that are sage

BW