Sad news one of our Hot Air Buick brothers has died

services....

There is a viewing this Thursday from 5-7pm.
The service will immediately follow the viewing. Following the service there will be some food. Everything will be held at the church.

Hockessin Baptist Church
505 School House Rd. Hockessin, DE 19707

Cards and flowers can be sent to the Church. There should be an obituary in the Wilmington News Journal tomorrow -- delawareonline.com | Wilmington Obituaries | The News Journal

I found a few pics of Bills car in action in Ohio 08

4618203943_71846a4081_b.jpg

4618815476_7bda6f6916_b.jpg

4618205041_4e8c1a3787_b.jpg

RIP Billy :(

4618200739_8d15c81a85_b.jpg

Nice pictures Jim :) You know Bill gave me the push and the inspiration to paint my hot air car silver just like his. Ever since I had finished the car I had been trying to show him in person but mechanical issues kept me from bringing the car to the meets. I did send him some pictures but we never were able to get the cars side by side. My car is an 85' and the only difference looks wise is he has the blue interior and a sunroof. I'm sure he can see it from heaven now though. I'm planning on driving it on Thursday for him as long as all works out.

Attachments

• 26259_330289784686_811139686_3227358_5824776_n.jpg
    26259_330289784686_811139686_3227358_5824776_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 226
He sounded like a great guy based on the comments Ive read. That's a wonderful legacy to leave! Prayers said for strength and comfort for his family and friends.

Very Sorry to hear the bad news. I never met him or spoke to him but judging by the comments, I wish I did! My Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.. Rest in Peace Bill

The guy was amazing. You all would be proud to call him your friend. While you always hear good things about someone when they pass with Bill it was all true and sincere.

I went to the viewing yesterday and it was a tear jerker from start to end. The family spoke, his present and past boss spoke, and Banning spoke from MAGNA among others. Some of the stories were amazing. His first boss who knew him since 1982 ish had a hard time speaking. He was falling apart talking about the guy the entire time but pulling him self back together because Bill told him not to come apart at the viewing when he saw him just last week. I didn't realize Bill was so big into his local church. The reverend talked about how Bill was always the first one in the door and the last to leave. Way in the back there was a set of chairs and Bill would be the first one in to sit all the way in the back because he put everyone before himself.

He went on to say how Bill would organize many church events and follow them thru so they ran perfect. Bill always put the bar so high when you gave him something to do or research. All the folks from the church that Bill was involved in their events said they don't know how they will go on without Bill he was that big a part of those groups. We didn't even know it, but Bill wanted to do a car show at the church this year just so the followers could meet his car friends. It seems church, his job, his dog, and turbo Buick's were his life. He was a first class guy and would do anything for anyone.

He worked for an electronics company so he knew it all when it came to electronics. He helped many many Buick brothers fix bugs in their cars with his knowledge of electronics. It's a damn shame when you loose someone so soon in life that is such a good person. I think about the murderers in prisons rotting away till their 80 or older and then Bill has to leave this world at a young 48. It just sucks.

His brother another super nice guy is going to take Bill's hot air Buick. He lives in Binghamton NY and he is a detail oriented guy as well. I spoke with him and told him to come on the forums and just yell for help if he ever needed it. So you hot air guys might have to help him out if you see him around. He said because Bill put his heart and soul into that car he is going to keep it and cherish it. He said he'll keep it clean and take it out to some shows and cruises from time to time. He tossed his daily driver out of the garage just for Bill's car. I was happy to see someone in the family get the car who is going to take good care of it. Bill wanted him to have the car because he knew it would be well taken care of.

It was nice they had Bill's car parked outside on the grass at the viewing yesterday. I parked my 87 right next to it. Really hit home parking next to his car knowing he'll never drive it again. The car looked just the way I saw it at Kirban's open house last month. I sold Bill a spare cam sensor I had laying around and it was still in the trunk. When I visited him in the hospital one time we were chatting about car parts and I told him I was going to sell some spare parts and being positive and thinking forward Bill jumped on a few of them. I know he'll be waiting up there for each and every turbo Buick owner that passes on from this day on. He'll be waiting at the gates in the baddest turbo Buick ever! Waiting for ALL of us with a turbo Buick ride to everlasting life! RIP Bill.... I'll see you on the other side.....

Rest In Peace. To have all these people say such things about him, I am sad I missed being aquainted with the guy. And as I read this, Stairway to Heaven plays in the background.. And I tear a little.

memories of shop talk with Bill

From one engineer to another, I always enjoyed talking shop with Bill. I fondly remember the talks of our latest junkyard finds. You know, the day trip to a "you-pull-a-part" place just to see what is there and how it could be adapted to a Buick. Bill's creativity and workmanship was top notch. After speaking with him when he was converting the stock cooling fan/clutch assembly to an electric radiator fan setup, I finally got to see his creation at that year's Buick event at Cecil County. He did a fine job re-working that Lincoln Mark VIII (I think) electric fan and modifying the fan shroud to the Buick. Equally as nice was the Bosch dual relay set he fabricated to control the fan.

We also shared ideas for part sourcing in order to fabricate a factory appearing 3" downpipe. Where could we find that original braided stainless mesh and the insulation as well as the fittings/flanges? The outcome of those conversations was to find a local diesel truck shop. That stuff is used all the time on the big rigs. Later I got an update from Bill stating he found everything he needed from a local diesel/hydraulic shop. When I saw his creation, that downpipe was great. A 3" downpipe fabricated and wrapped in the factory stainless mesh - looks like stock.

People like Bill are a rare breed. Not many folks can combine the engineering design skills with the mechanical ability to work with tools. I have seen many an engineer over the years that can only work with theory and conceptual design. Bill was one of the few that could also build it with a "do it right the first time" methodology. He will be missed...