Sad Day

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Please excuse me as I am at a loss for words today. This morning my good friend Jack Delorenzo had his young wife Barbara Delorenzo pass away at 5:30 AM.

A few weeks ago while we were at the Buick event in Reynolds she became ill all of a sudden. Going from perfect health to an illness we thought nothing of it.. simple stomach cramps and such. I remember him calling Barbara on the phone and telling her to go to the clinic and not wait. She went and they diagnosed it as a simple urinary tract infection.. gave her some meds.. The next few days things start turning in a bad direction. Needless to say, after an emergency operation that needed to be performed... more bad news surfaced on her condition. From this point we have all prayed for her recovery, but the extent of the illness took its toll. To which the outcome came today.

I feel at a loss for words. In a matter of weeks my very close friend has lost is soul mate. He loved his wife beyond imagination. She was young, happy, vibrant, and in perfect health. They have two wonderful children. A beautiful home, careers, jobs, friends, extended families, etc.. She supported him and this hobby 100%. Never had arguements, as perfect a Family as any one could ever ask for.

Most of you know Jack by his open heart felt enthusiasm in helping others in their time of need. He is one of a few people I know that will drop eveything in an instant to help a stranger out. And not ask anything in return.

His loss has been heart felt by me and my family. Its hard to believe this has happened.. i'm still in shock and disbelief. But the sad truth is God has had his say. And She today is in His grace.

Jack, you have been like a Brother to me. I will continue praying for you and your Family in this time of need.

Services will be end of next week. I'll post them.

I'm sorry if I sound a little erratic in my writings, just a hard thing to concieve.

Julio

yes, that is a very horrible thing to happen, couldnt even imagen what that mst feel like, god bless him and his family and ill keep him in my prayers.

I am so saddened...

those of us that know the DiLorenzo's know how much of a firecracker combo those two brothers bring to all that sorround them. I met Jack and Jim five years back in BG, since then we've been around each other in all major Buick events, some of them with their wonderfull family around them.

Since I learned about this after Reynolds, I could not help to think about the DiLorenzos, and have been in my thoughts and in my prayers. How many times have we heard "life is full of surprises" I'll be damned if this is not one of them...while we are entering a charishable time of the year, it will not be for them.:( What do you say in a situation like this, no words can feel my deep sadness. As humans, most of us take SOOOOOO much for granted, love, freedom, friendship, brotherhood, respect, and most of all, HEALTH, the sun rises, we get up and take for granted thatit will just be another day in our life, how wrong we can be, and how quick life can change in a matter of tenths of seconds.

Jack, you are my friend, and have proven it more than once in the few years that we've known each other. I have enjoyed your constant help, company, frequent phone calls to check up on the "Miami boys", the sparkle you bring to "gearhead" gathering, your spontaneous will to help all the Buick owners in trouble, your willingness to pick up a wrench and jump into a job. I can see you as clear as when it happened this year at BG helping a good friend IN THE RAIN socken wet, changing head gaskests in his car at the hotel, You DiLorenzos are quite an asset to those around you and a true example of the "GOING FAST WITH CLASS" moto that is associated with the Buick community.

In closing, Jack, I know the the next few months, will not be the happiest of times for you , the kids, and the rest of your family." The Lord works in misterious ways", the kids come from "GREAT STOCK", I am sure that they will grow to have the good qualities in their parents. Barbara is in a better place now, not suffering any more, and I am sure she will periodocally be checking up on you guys.

My friend Laz is sitting here in front of me, while we were trying to take a few minutes rest getting both our cars ready for next weeks event, he alerted me of this post, also sends his respects and sympathy. We both feel for all of you (my brother) and are mentally standing next to you and yours in these hard times of sorrow.
If we can be of any help, please call...

Jack,
Amy and I are at a loss of words. When Julio told me that Barbara was terminally ill, it really hit us hard. Real hard. We could not believe it. We have been praying for you and your family. You have been very strong through this. I could not even try to comprehend what you are going through right now. If you need someone to talk to or need help with anything please call us. We are so sorry for your loss. :(
Mike & Amy

Very sorry to hear about your loss Jack. My sincerest condolences to you and your family!

Steve

i have talked to my brother today, the Memorial Services will be held at Englewood United Methodist Church, located at 700 east dearbon englewood fla. 34223 at 7 pm.

directions from 75 are, south/north on 75 to exit 190 go west, stay on this road till you get to pine street, go throw the light, church is on your right hand side less then 100 ft throw the light.

We appreciate all the support from the Buick family and Thank You in advance to all those that will be attending the memorial.

God Bless,
Jim DiLorenzo

I found out about this very sad event on Saturday nite just before I left the cruise. I couldn't believe it. Who would think? I heard a couple weeks sooner about the possibility Jack's wife was very ill. I was hoping it wasn't true, just a mistake. Obviously, this sad news proved otherwise.

Jack, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please accept my sympathy and condolences to you and your family in this time of great sorrow.

Jack,

I am so sorry beyond words. I live and breath my wife.
My family will be praying for you.

God Bless Jack and his Family!

On behalf of my brother and myself, I would like to thank all the buick family that made time in there busy schedules to come and join us for the memorial of Barb DiLorenzo on sunday night.

We thank you and love you all for coming.

You guys are more then friends to us, you are family!!!!!!!!!:D

Hello everyone,

It has been awhile since I have had time to look on boards to see what is going on.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you for the help and support you have given me and my family during these very SAD TIMES!!!!!!!!!!

I would like all to know, my family and I are doing as good as can be expected, the kids, Courtney and Justin, have gone back to school and are now on Xmas break, I returned back to work last week and all is good.

All your words and pravers have been heart felt and welcomed, please continue to keep us there each and everyday.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless. JD