S2 Car

ChrisCairns

Here's the biggie.

A 32000 mile 87 GN, stage 2 engine, total packge. lotsa spare shit, new engine, trannies from Len, and Mike, rear from Rudbeck's car, .....want it gone. over 13000 in engine alone. Sell it for $12000....cheap becaue I'm old and need it to go before I die and my wife must sell it. Friggin old age.

Chris

Spokane Washington?

I would be interested if it was closer to me. Good luck with the sale. Should be a pretty easy one...

Rick

I know...my original ad was stupidly short on facts...lol. I'll get some pics.

It was a beautiful just under 30000 mile GN when I first got it. I turned it into a race car...kinda stupid looking back, I wished I hadn't done that.

I bought a long block from Eric Rankin for $6500. He took it over to Bob at RPG for a freshening. $2500. Shipped to me. I put on the 88 turbo, S2 headers and all the extras. 160 lb injectors. Sorry, don't remember what cam. Big front end intercooler from a friend of Jason Cramer's....it says RJC Racing across the front. I ran a 4" "downpipe"...lol...straight from the turbo out through the fender. It kinda looks cool but I have another fender to throw in with it if a person wants to change it back.

I've never raced this engine. The $600 fuel pump was seized from non use so last year I shipped it back to Weldon for a rebuild...$200. I still haven't connected it. The injectors should be removed and cleaned since they're probably plugged too.

FAST sequential computer. DOS based....I can't remember if I sent this computer or another back to FAST to have windows based software installed. But I do have an old DOS based laptop with a bad battery that I'll throw in. It would need a new battery or a small external one.

Two transmissions with brakes and reverse manual valve bodies. One has that front bell cut off and a NHRA legal bell housing installed by Mike Kurtz.

Buick rear with 32 spline axles. Adjustable upper and lower arms.

Fuel cell in trunk. Bat in trunk. Racing seats. Full cage, not inspected by NHRA. Fiberglass hood, deck. doors and bumpers. Doors still need to be finished with upholstery inside and a return sping installed so the handle returns to the right spot to close the door. They work but you have to manually push the handle in. Also the doors still have to be supported by some type of wire cause they "droop" when open.
Plexiglass windshield and rear window. Plexiglass door windows.

No handbrake....I had to remove the cables because the rear end wouldn't accept them. Can't remember why. I never liked that so a chute should be attached.

Shifter. AC removed. Back seat still in...dunno if it can be taken out with the cage in. Cant remember what that fuel line is called...you know the metal with the fancy fittings....from fuel cell to engine. No handbrake. Front runners, good tread, slicks fairly new.
Paint needs to be polished...looks dull after all these years of just sitting.

I'm sure I've missed tons of stuff. The car still needs finishing. Finish it and have it passed NHRA inspection. Oh, I was going to put some reinforcing behind the plexiglass windshield...that should be done before going racing in my opinion.

The whole car needs to be gone over by a competent person to check for safety issues before racing.

Here's the biggie.

A 32000 mile 87 GN, stage 2 engine, total packge. lotsa spare shit, new engine, trannies from Len, and Mike, rear from Rudbeck's car, .....want it gone. over 13000 in engine alone. Sell it for $12000....cheap becaue I'm old and need it to go before I die and my wife must sell it. Friggin old age.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris, do u have some contact info available? Phone #, email? Thanks, Howard. Text 260-726-5214.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow Rankin. haven't heard Erics's name in a long time. he works on high end exotics now I hear.

Chris,

I haven't seen you in person or on the board for years. Glad to hear you're still kickin'! (y)

Call me when you get the chance. (858)495-0145

THX

Neal