S10xGN is for sale

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Posting here because it's Buick powered. :cool: You can search my username here and find all kinds of info on it.

Time for something new, looking to sell my 1996 S-10 fleetside shortcab with '87 GN drivetrain swap. This has been completed and running since 2002 but has maybe 2500 miles total, including a round trip to Dallas a few years ago. Drivetrain was gone through last winter due to an overboost situation caused by a melted WG hose and it currently has only 50 or so break-in miles at 18# boost. Truck has run 11.81 on Nitto 275DR's and 23# boost on street pavement. I suck at tuning so there's room to turn it up. You can drive this anywhere, at least where you don't have emissions testing.

Engine has 0.030" over TRW forged pistons, Nickens ported iron heads milled for 9.0:1 CR, Comp 215°/210° roller, Weber cam snout conversion, PTE-52 turbo, ported exhaust housing, MSD 50# injectors, TT 5.7 chip, BSTC controller, Julio's Alky kit, DeQuick front mount IC, "Hayden" ported headers (modded for fit), Removable front crossmember for oil pan access, new Aero-340 pump in factory 20 gal tank.

Trans is stock except for a "Toelle" shift kit and Precision VIG 3200 single disc converter. Rear axle is a slightly narrowed 28 spline Ford 8.8" with Cal-Trac bars and Nitto 275DR tires but a 325DR tire will fit.

The paint is Arctic White with gray interior, aftermarket steering wheel, Acura seats, Dakota console, and it has a lockable 'glass bed cover. Paint is still good, the hood has a ding from when my jack had an "uncontrolled release" with the hood up, and there's a chip on the DR side fender where I tried making an "alignment" with a pry bar.

I'm not gonna BS you, this thing is a PIA to work on. Everything fits together like a jigsaw puzzle and it's NOT fun at all to work on. Looking for $11,500.

100_1778s.jpgP0001257.jpgP0000803.jpgP0001254.jpg

Good luck with the sale. I remember this build back in the day and I was amazed with the work put into it.

Would've given you a deal on one about a year ago Russ. 62 American 2 door that's been here for so long it aint funny.;)

I'm in SC.....very interested, but that is a long way from me. I recently went and checked out a vehicle and drove a long way for nutin....your even longer out, but sounds like a good deal.

I'm in SC.....very interested, but that is a long way from me. I recently went and checked out a vehicle and drove a long way for nutin....your even longer out, but sounds like a good deal.

PM sent (oops, "private conversation" sent).