#'s on laptop (turbolink) keep bouncing around

Chris McDade

I have the old version of turbolink. I use it to set the TPS and a few other things. The problem is that the numbers keep bouncing around on the screen. They won't stay the same. Someone told me it could be the power source plug that goes into the cigarette lighter. I changed it and still does the same thing. I even tried plugging the laptop directly to the wall with no luck. Would a battery pack help?

Any suggestions??:confused:

That could be a lot of things. If you are using a Power Inverter, they sometimes will "hum" through the car's wiring.

If the grounds in the car are marginal, it can cause this.

Finally, it could be the cable or connectors and I'd be happy to test them for you. Just send it to me with return shipping $$$ enclosed and I'll run it up on the Test Bench.

Some of these cables are getting to be upwards of 10 years old (boy, does that drive home the passage of time! :)) so I've seen some solder joints weaken, and some damage to internals from just old age. If it's fixable, I can get it up and running for you for just the cost of shipping.

Send it to:

Accelerate Performance Products
3702 Automation Way
Suite 101
Fort Collins, CO 80526

Eventually, we'll run out of parts for the old cables and then we'll have to only support the new stuff. However, I've been able to cobble and canibalize to keep things going for a while yet! :)

Ken,
You got a deal. If I send you a different laptop and the disc can you install it for me? I will send all the cables also. I will get it out this week.

Let me know

Thanks in advance

Test it on the different laptop before you send it? It might be the laptop too ....

If you send the laptop, make sure it's insured both ways. Thanks!