?'s about Midwest Buick Challenge

turbo6randy

Going to try to make the Midwest Buick Challenge this year. Have some questions for those familiar with this event.
Do they have 116 octane fuel available or can I find some near I-65 south of Morocco?
How strict is tech?
Is TSM going to be on Saturday as it is tentatively scheduled?
Thanks
Randy

Yes they have 110 for 7$ 112 for 8$ and 116 in 5 gallon cans but she can split up a can if you only want a few gallons for 9 $ gallon. :eek:

Morocco is a outlaw track and i would say if you run in the friday night street car chaos do so at your own risk. tsm has always been on saturday in the past.

jetmech said:
Yes they have 110 for 7$ 112 for 8$ and 116 in 5 gallon cans but she can split up a can if you only want a few gallons for 9 $ gallon. :eek:

I've been buying 110 octane at the Phillips 66 station in Barrington, Il. It's just north of the RR tracks on barrington Road.

Route 41 has always been super high priced for fuel. I kind of hate that track but the Midwest Challnge is really fun, especially on Saturday when it's all Buick! Paul

Opps... forgot the price. I filled up last week and it was $4.29 per gallon for 110. :)

Thanks for the info everyone.
Walt; BG is my local track so I'm used to running at my own risk. Don't have all the safety equiptment on my car, but I'm getting there.
Paul; they are high on the 110 but the 116 is cheaper than I can get it around here. I'm glad to know that they have it because I don't have time to get any by Friday.

I am paying $9.50 a gallon for C-16 in Columbus.

TSM is running on Saturday. T&T in the morning with at least 2 qualifying passes prior to 1:00. We should start eliminations at 2:00. But, we must be done by 4:00 when the event ends...there is the normal US-41 Saturday night racing from 5-10. Accordingly, depending on the number of cars qualifying in TSM, we may have to start sooner to get in the needed number of rounds + cool down time between rounds. Look for me if you have questions at the track (white Land Cruiser for towing & 87 GN #2088 for racing). I'll prolly be going up to the tower on a few occasions.

The long-time owner of the track died earlier this year/late last. I am unaware of how the new owner(s) will be handling tech for this track rental.

I believe the daughter is running the track now. I was there a couple weeks ago and they even put more lights in the parking area for the racers. Everthing went smooth.
BTW on the 110 gas i have a citgo that sell 110 leaded in kankakee area for 3.49 a gallon and the citgo 2 blocks from my house just ran out and switched to keroseen for the winter.

I'll be there all weekend but probably won't have my car ready. I'm going to be selling some used parts on Saturday morning just to let everyone know. Everything will be priced very well. Just looking to get rid of it. I'll be driving a 99 Ford F-150 4x4 truck, midnight blue. See ya guys there!