Runs crappy through dump.

davidf

So a friend has a GN thats been in the 10's but is tuned down for DD {18psi}. Car pulls very hard, no issues until his electric dump opens. Then it starts popping/running like crap. Close the dump, car runs hard.:confused: Any clues here? Thanks.

The car was originally Harolds {forcefedV6} so maybe he can chime in if he see's this.

Is he using WB tracking of some sort like translator pro or fast ? its possable that the WB is to close and getting a inacurate reading and causing it to do that.

Is the boost still at 18psi with the dump open? Mine went from 18psi closed to over 24psi with it open. Old restrictive exhaust. It has been replaced now!!;)

Where does the dump get its electric source? If it is drawing to many amps and dragging the electrical system down then the fuel pump will suffer. Just a thought.

Bryan

What fuel are you using? The boost should go up 2-4#s with the dump open so if it's pump gas you may not have enough octane for the boost level.

I'm gonna ride in it this weekend. I need to see personally what its doing before proceeding further.