Running Injectors With A Smaller Chip

ZR1TR

Just wanted to know what would happen if I ran a Reds 93 chip for 30# with my 36# bluetops. I sold my 36# chips and haven't ha time to have one burnt or pick up one aftermarket and really need to move the car. I could of course put the 30#s back in but it is really a waste.

Anyone know what will happen. I figure it would run rich because the chip for 30s would probably add more fuelaking the 36ers run way rich.

Jonathan

It's gonna run rich. You could try to compensate for it by dropping the fuel pressure a little(maybe 38 for starters), but your best bet is to get the correct chip for the injectors you have.

It's gonna run rich. You could try to compensate for it by dropping the fuel pressure a little(maybe 38 for starters), but your best bet is to get the correct chip for the injectors you have.

Brian

It will run and start fine if you just need to move it. I wouldn't drive it around all day like that though. The ECM may be able to compensate since its only 6# difference, but if the BLMs get maxxed out then it has no control over the fueling anymore and could wash the cylinder walls.

I helped a guy fix his chip when a crooked vendor kept selling him 28# chips for his Blue tops. The ECM has enough room to lean things out for cruise conditions without playing around with fuel pressure. Where things go wrong is tip in which is time based on a GN. The tip-in will be the full 36/~30 times too much. On the car I fixed it was way too much and driveability was poor but it could cruise fine. PE fuel was also quite far off. You will have to try it to see how bad it is. Some cars might drive quite well. Chances are that at WOT the car will be rich and power will suffer some.

Originally posted by BJM
I helped a guy fix his chip when a crooked vendor kept selling him 28# chips for his Blue tops. The ECM has enough room to lean things out for cruise conditions without playing around with fuel pressure. Where things go wrong is tip in which is time based on a GN. The tip-in will be the full 36/~30 times too much. On the car I fixed it was way too much and driveability was poor but it could cruise fine. PE fuel was also quite far off. You will have to try it to see how bad it is. Some cars might drive quite well. Chances are that at WOT the car will be rich and power will suffer some.

Exactly. You'll be OK for the time being.