Running in limp mode

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Went for a short drive a few days ago and got on it a bit. Got some knock retard and spark blowout around 18-20 psi. I figured it was a module or coil starting to get weak. Decided to give the car a quick wash before I head home. Restart the car and its running in limp mode. Got it home, scan master not working, no code 12. Can't find any bad fuses. Pull the ecm thinking it got wet. Very small spot on the carpet not even near the ecm but assumed it got enough to make things screwy. Let it air out overnight with both chips out.

Put everything back together last night, still the same thing. Swapped a whole different ecm and chip, still the same issue. Grounds are still tight on the head, main ground still tight. Pulled wires off starter and didn't find anything.

I know this has got to be an electrical issue somewhere because I've caught the dash lights dimming and flickering after this happened. If this thread needs to be moved to another section please do so. I posted here since it sees the most traffic.

They're good. Could it be the module under the dash? The serial port is dead. I am getting the single ses light flash when key is turned on. What else? No loose wires or ground. I took the starter wires off and inspected everything. Havent seen any weird dash flickers since.