running eights

J-B Racing said:

X2

If you building the car now i would look for every opportunity to take weight out since you will be adding some equipment to support your goals.

AG

yeah tryn to shed wieght on the car now. the engine and car are in the works, got the aluminum block tryn to find good internals to put in it so it would last.

blackv6 said:
yeah tryn to shed wieght on the car now. the engine and car are in the works, got the aluminum block tryn to find good internals to put in it so it would last.

Removing AC, fiberglass bumpers, aluminum supports, gutting insulation , scraping undercoating is a start.
AG

Removing AC, fiberglass bumpers, aluminum supports, gutting insulation , scraping undercoating is a start.
AG

Aluminum or fabbed front core support, tubular control arms (fronts; upper and lower), lose the sway bar or go smaller, fiberglass hood, lighter brakes, etc. Core support is about 13, Wilwood disc brakes were 24 on mine.

Aluminum or fabbed front core support, tubular control arms (fronts; upper and lower), lose the sway bar or go smaller, fiberglass hood, lighter brakes, etc. Core support is about 13, Wilwood disc brakes were 24 on mine.

Inner door braces are 15lb per side. I personally didn't want a fiberglass hood because they just never look good and move around with heat but I seen some nice fiberglass doors. Window glass is also heavy.

My stock doors with glass and hardware each weighed close to right at 100 lbs. The glass doors with plexiglass and hardware each weigh around 28 lbs.

yeah im gona go with glass front clip, glass rear bumper, glass trunk, gona try to keep the air. Gona do a fab core support to hold everything