Running a Tial 50mm BOV?

mygn86

Which spring are you running? I'm pulling about 11 inches of vacuum and mine won't stay closed at idle. Everything else seems to be fine, it holds the boost rock solid.

I use the heaviest one which is the 11psi spring with no problems at all. Reacts very quickly and stays shut, I use the extra port on TTA billet vaccum block for the vac. signal.

bov

i run a tial 50mm BOV of my turbo gixxer and it works great. i dont know what to say. im only getting about 5 pounds of vac. on my bike

I have used a turbosmart unit in the past. It has about 3/4" of movement before the port opens. It's a piston in a tube, as opposed to a valve stem floating in mid-air. That gives you a little room to play. It is hard to get these things dialed in right sometimes.

We use the turbosmart as well on alot of customers cars. Not only is the piston design nice, but also it has a screw down top, so you can increase the pressure easily.

Jose

Play with spring legnth, as well as spring rate (stiffer spring). Two different things! I have used a torch and re-bent a spring into a two stage/dual rate style. I have a little experience bending wire and heat for orthodontic wire. Same basic thing. Or try shims/washers to add a little more force behind the spring. Sewing-machine oil is excellent!! I have tried all types of oils and grease.

Don't be scared to reach out into other applications to track down a spring. Could be, that the perfect spring came from a barn door, or a inside a stuffed animal??

Thanks for the help, I'm just a little concerned because I feel air moving around it and the is no other adjustment. What I was trying to find out was if the heavier spring would keep it more closed with less vacuum or more open.