Rubber Valve cover gaskets??

cabech984

Does anybody sell the rubber style gaskets for the stock valve covers? I hate cork, already kind of leaking:( Ive never had any luck w/ them. Thanks for looking!!

Chris

I've had good luck with FelPro silicone rubber for valve covers. You can get them at Advance and Autozone. Will probably take a day since they probably don't stock them in the store (they will be in the warehouse).
Conrad Carter

Sweet, I probably should have done a search. Im sure the question gets asked twice daily. I'll have to get me a set!!

Thanks!!

They have worked flawlessly for me. Just make sure all your mating surfaces are clean and oil free, then fit all the tabs into the rocker cover and snug them down.

i got my set from seturbo.com there blue in color and they have a steel instert. i have taken them on and off a few times with no leaks.

felpros

I run the felpro rubber gaskets, have had them on the car for over 7 years, had the valve covers off many times, no leaks. There was a post on valve cover gaskets awhile back, seemed like everybody liked the cork gaskets. Iv'e tryed them, worked good the first time, but if i tryed to reuse them they would leak. The rubber ones work good, but make sure you don't have them on upside down. Also there was a guy that said that the rubber ones wont work because the underhood heat was too high and would make the rubber gaskets brittle :rolleyes: I'd hate to see what tempature that would be :eek: