RPO Code ZR6

Granny 2

I was looking at my information package I got from GM and this option code was in it.

It says ZR6 "Zone Office Show Car".

Does anyone know what this is or maybe this option is on all cars :confused:

I just wondered.

I dont know either but I can tell you it doesn't mean zone office show car. That code does mean something like that but not on a Regal. I have ran across quite a few stray codes that aren't in the books. They seem to be on a lot of Canadian spec cars but I have found them on US spec cars too. Another really common one I see a lot is the code Z09. I'm guessing its a code for a certain option content or combination of codes. It would be nice if you had the build sheet for your car as that might help explain it. I was parting out a 84 hot air Riviera a while back and I found one of the build sheets for it. What was strange is that the car was delivered to Buick Motor Division in Flint MI. Normally you would see a dealers name in that spot. No weird code like ZR6 on the label anyway. It was an early production car so maybe some one with some pull in the big office ordered it. Have any idea who the original selling dealer was?

turbofish38 said:
I dont know either but I can tell you it doesn't mean zone office show car. That code does mean something like that but not on a Regal. I have ran across quite a few stray codes that aren't in the books. They seem to be on a lot of Canadian spec cars but I have found them on US spec cars too. Another really common one I see a lot is the code Z09. I'm guessing its a code for a certain option content or combination of codes. It would be nice if you had the build sheet for your car as that might help explain it. I was parting out a 84 hot air Riviera a while back and I found one of the build sheets for it. What was strange is that the car was delivered to Buick Motor Division in Flint MI. Normally you would see a dealers name in that spot. No weird code like ZR6 on the label anyway. It was an early production car so maybe some one with some pull in the big office ordered it. Have any idea who the original selling dealer was?

This was a Canadian car ordered by a GM employee. I know who the dealer is. I found a "build" sheet but only has a few details on it like the VIN, model colour codes etc.

The code ZR6 is on the trunk lid label but don't know any more about the code.

Anyone else want to take a guess on what it is?

ZR6 is shown as "zone office show car" in Chevy world. Do a Google, or use Ask.com. They say that the cars were used at regional car shows. May be true?

I wonder if thats true. I'm a numbers guy so I check out stuff when I see it displayed somewhere. For example the last time I was at Disney World there was a display of GM vehicles so I'm all over them checking the VINs and whatever else I can find. They all had window stickers so I checked to see who the delivering dealer was. They all said General Motors with a Lake Buena Vista street address which is where DW is at. I'm assuming GM has on office on site because they have a ride in Epcot and some other things going on there. I do know that the rental car fleets have a special RPO code for them also. As I pointed out the in thread over on tbs.com there are a few codes that also come up blank. A weird coinsidence that these codes either start with the letter Z or X. Like my Riviera build sheet and DW example I'm thinking if the car has a dealer name listed on the invoice or build sheet than the code doesn't mean zone show car. I would think it should say GM of Canada or something like that. Oh,and I checked out the cars that were displayed in the manufacturers midway at both the Daytona 500 and Pepsi 400 races this year like I always do. The Chevys had Chevrolet Motor Division on the ones that had stickers and what was weird is that the concept cars had legit VINs and the last 6 digits were 000000. The first 11 digits were the usuall combo of numbers and letters. They just didn't have a sequence number.