Rpo code for a gn

InHock

Have found a gn today but do not know if it is a real gn.The car has the seats like in a gn but I need to know what the rpo code is.The car has the sticker on the inside of the trunk lid and I believe I can get this car cheap!! Been sitting inside a shop for over ten years and there is no gn badges on it but the guy says it is one.Thanks

If it has the Right motor and look,minus a few badges or little things. would it matter if it was a clone GN or real? I would take it no matter, as long as its a good clone, chances are it's a GN.

Well, I dont want a clone! You are right it does have lots of good parts and would make a nice car but will need a bunch of cash to make it that way.He said car was running 12 or 14 years ago but wasnt running right and he thought motor might have a rod knocking but could not remember.Dont get me wrong it is ok but the real deal is worth more I would think.The guy is representing it as a real one but I want to know for sure.

Thank you Turbo6Smackdown,I was not for sure but I know I did not see that on the sticker. Thanks again

Well, I dont want a clone! You are right it does have lots of good parts and would make a nice car but will need a bunch of cash to make it that way.He said car was running 12 or 14 years ago but wasnt running right and he thought motor might have a rod knocking but could not remember.Dont get me wrong it is ok but the real deal is worth more I would think.The guy is representing it as a real one but I want to know for sure.

True, I would perfer the real deal also but either way hope you get a good deal on it

Have found a gn today but do not know if it is a real gn.The car has the seats like in a gn but I need to know what the rpo code is.The car has the sticker on the inside of the trunk lid and I believe I can get this car cheap!! Been sitting inside a shop for over ten years and there is no gn badges on it but the guy says it is one.Thanks

GN code is WE2

Yea, does it have the LC2 option? A lot of dorks call a turbo t a "grand national". If it doesn't have that option, I'd steer clear. Too many things to go wrong, with a total transplant. Noone out there has enough pride to go the extra step, to ensure things are done right. The interior is transplanted, so it's going to squeak and rattle.
The rear end is probably stock, so it's too fragile. Too much stuff was probably screwed up, in the disassembly of the old car. I don't trust it.

Going back tomorrow to look at the car again.The owner is supposed to meet me at his shop.What is the LC2 option? Thanks

LC2 is the turbo 3.8 buick engine. If there's no LC2, it's just a standard old ****bird regal. If it was converted, I would RUN from that car. I don't care WHO on this board has what, or for how long, cars that have parts on them, not from the factory, that weren't meant to have those parts, never work right. There's ALLLLLWAYS a bolt or fastener or two missing from the interior install, or somewhere, because either the owner lost it, or could never find it to begin with, and said screw it.
Screw that, I would never take that chance.

Yeah a bolt or two from an interior install is always a show stopper for me. :eek::p

A screw loose from the owner is a far more serious problem in MHO. :biggrin:

"WE2" = Grand National"
"LC2" = 3.8 SFI Turbo engine (which is a "7" in the 8th digit position in the serial number).

Claude. :)

Yeah a bolt or two from an interior install is always a show stopper for me. :eek::p

A screw loose from the owner is a far more serious problem in MHO. :biggrin:

I second that emotion.

I have OCD, & PTSD, so a rattling interior, would probably make me hang myself. And I'm not exaggerating. So, I tend to run away from frankencars. :)

Well all the codes checked out and it is a real GN. I bought the car and will pick it up tomorrow[monday]. This will make 2 that I will have. The car needs some work but just little stuff.It will add up I am sure,but I got into cheap enough!! It will not need paint,the car was repainted sometime back and it was covered up so just some elbow grease and it will be fine.Thanks again guys for your help.

Well,about pics. It will be a week or so because I live by the rule "Its always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!" if you know what I mean!! I will post some on here when I catch the warden in a good mood!:D