RPM Jumps during deceleration

kusonpadam91

Hello All,

My car is a "Buick Regal Turbo Premium 2"
Model: 2013
mileage: 24,153

I have leased this vehicle in December 2012 and my lease will end in December 2014. I like this vehicle a lot and I can certainly say that this car is better than Audi A4 2013 model.
But, in the last 4 months I have started to see an abnormal behavior of this car. The car did show me this issue in past (1.5 years i have driven it).

Issue: When I apply brakes to slow down from 45-50mph or greater and the car is slowing down to stop at red light or a situation that causes me to take my foot off the gas and brake, so that my speed comes down, The idle will stay at whatever the cruising idle was for about 3-4 seconds, then increase a 200 -400 hundred RPMs, then come down to the normal RPM. The car actually accelerates a tiny bit with my foot off the gas.
I feel that the transmission is shifting its gears down and is trying hard to catch up to the current cruising speed, feels like the transmission's brain is getting confused
Sometimes, even with my foot on the brake when coming to a stop sign, the idle goes up a couple hundred RPM.

Note: I started seeing this issue once I crossed 18000k miles, never experienced this issue before. And is easy to reprduce with my AC on.

I have taken it to the buick dealership 4 times now and every time they tell me that they cannot reproduce it, but during the last visit I had the technician sit next to me and reproduced the issue and then he tells me that its a normal behavior in Regal Turbo's and nothings wrong.

I planning to buy the car at the end of my lease term and would like to understand if this is really an issue or as the technician said "Normal Behavior in Turbs's ".
One thing that I cannot wrap my head around is, if this is a normal behavior then, why did it not show up in the first 1.5 years I have had this car, in which I have put about 18000 miles.

I am just scared of the idea that, as soon as I buy this car and couple months usage the dealership says the transmission has a problem, I don't want to be in such a situation. Please suggest and advice.

I guess the web site name would imply that all turbo Buicks would be discussed here, but sorry that is not the case?

There may be a tech or 2 that is currently working with the newer Regals, but they are a much different animal than our 30 year old turbo Regals, and they share nothing in common with the newer ones except the name! :)

Certainly somewhere on the web there is a site that could be of help to you, and thanks for visiting.