Route Hot Wire Kit?

Q

Quick231

I have a hot wire kit from Casper's. Just wondering what is the best way I could run this wire kit from gas tank to the front. I remember that there was a picture diagram on this board, but I can't find it. Any help I would appreciate it.

I ran mine inside the frame. Be careful around the wheel well. I some how got mine in a place that when I got on it the body would rock back and pinch the wire.

HOT WIRE ROUTING

I ALWAYS route it thru the pass compartment, under the sill plate. I put the relay in the trunk. This keeps the wires out of the weather and the relay dry too.
have replaced SEVERAL that were on the frame.. They were either burned or rubbed thru. The interior route minimizes these problems.;)

I routed my hot wire kit inside the frame rail rail also, but I used split loom to protect the wire.

I agree with Chuck on routing of the hotwire kit through the trunk, under seats, under sills, and up through firewall. I did mine this way too. Take the extra time to do it in this manner and by routing it this way, you'll not have concerns about effects of the elements, rubbing, etc. that exposure could cause. A hidden application is a neat application.

Put it outside, where it belongs. It's not like these will be the only wires "outside" - there are all kinds of them. Just use common sense in routing...

:)