Rough start and a bad Idle that turns into a stall

George, did you make sure the right plug wires went back to the right spark plug and coil? Did you reconnect battery? Ignition Module plugged in all the way? Wires under coil correctly connected per diagram? Did the engine try and crank over? The old coil pack was very suspicious. Especially when showing 11 0 0 Ohms and a stamp of 3/3/87 on the side of it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1371464307.952061.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1371464353.201460.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

OK, bought a new coil pack.

I removed the old one to find a tub of blue taffy like glue, which after reading up on it apparently means the ignition module might be going bad soon* different results for different people.

Further reading I saw that the goo is not bad, just not good. A normal ignition module has relatively the same black protective surface the coil pack has. But eventually I guess the black sealant disappears after years of use? Not a hundred %.

The goo makes it really hard to work around. I put the yellow, green, and blue wires as per a diagram DavidM sent me. And... Poof car wont start anymore.

I separated the coil pack from the module again to check if I did something wrong and I notice a lot of the blue goo is really gotten into the the connectors and just made a huge mess of things.

The Coil Pack is now back inside my house. Going to remove the goo, buy a new ignition module and try again in about 24-48 hours.

I was thinking about cleaning the connectors at the end of the wires on the ignition module, maybe remove some of the blue goo, and try again to save me $125. But Its still a toss up since that blue goo is a nightmare.

I did notice however that my old coil pack looked almost brand spanking new. And when I texted Glenn; the previous owner, he asked me why I was replacing the coil pack in the first place. Making me think that the coil pack was recently replaced before the sale. I didn't get much information from him though, he seemed busy since after all it is father's day and all.

BTW Happy Father's Day to all those whoa are and to all those soon to be. :)

You need a new ignition module to go with the new coil pack. Removing the goo is not going to help.

SHE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

GN's been sitting in my apartment parking lot for the last 6 days.

WhiteHot, thank you. I did end up buying a new ignition module. The blue goo was driving me crazy.

Car is running great now. DavidM came by today to make sure I installed the new AFPR correctly, I had noticed some white smoke around the engine after the install which scared the hell out of me. David and I eventually came to the realization that it was just fuel that had leaked onto my crossover pipe area during the AFPR instal. Once all the fuel burned off the smoke was gone for good.

So after a new battery, new coil pack and ignition module, and new AFPR, my GN seems to be running great. At least compared to how it was before. Still need to change out a few vacuum lines and tape up a tiny tear on my intake hose.

She starts up fast, idle is firm. Tomorrow will be the first time driving in days so it'll be the true test. I'll post up the SacnMaster number tomorrow after work.

Here are my numbers in Park after about 30 minutes of driving.

Fuel pressure is at around 37 psi with vacuum line on.

O2 769
AF: 04
L8: 30
Bat: 13.4
Int 128
bL: 141
Clt: 167
Ats: 105
r: 800
Tps: .42
IAC: 22
cc: 129
Mal: 00

Start up is still awesome, on first go.

Car seems to be running great, I do still get a fluctuation in the rpms 450-800 when I hit red light but not nearly as frequent as before.

Some times I go through multiple red lights, stops, etc without any big fluctuations at all.

And then when the fluctuation does happen, I don't feel it like before. It's just the numbers I see on the SM.

I did however have one hick up, during one test run. On a left turn, just after stopping briefly, the car seemed hesitant going through 1st gear. Like I didn't have enough fuel to go forward.

It did about 2-4 little jerks and then it drove smoothly after that and it hasn't happened again since.

I still NEEEEED to address my vacuum line issues, but I just haven't been able to find time. My schedule should be changing this coming week, so hopefully its for the best.

I still NEEEEED to address my vacuum line issues, but I just haven't been able to find time. My schedule should be changing this coming week, so hopefully its for the best.
I would adjust the fuel pressure up to 40 psi (line off). That will bring the blm number down. If you have any un-metered air entering the motor,fix it and that will also bring the blm number down.

I would adjust the fuel pressure up to 40 psi (line off). That will bring the blm number down. If you have any un-metered air entering the motor,fix it and that will also bring the blm number down.

To add to George's post, Fuel pressure is set to 43psi vacuum line off. He mentioned line on. There is a very small tear on his MAF hose preturbo after MAF sensor and is going to seal that up along with replacing the rest of the vacuum lines. If that doesn't bring BLMs down then plan is to raise fuel pressure at that point.

ok, I fixed the intake hose and did a little test drive.

Took my wife and pup out in the GN on this one; first time for my pup. He was scared to death haha :D

Blm: 134-136 !!!! Woot Woot!