Rough Acceleration over 65

scott2004ss

I have a stock 2004 Impala SS with 36K miles. Under normal city driving, the car accelerates good. However, on the highway, at speeds over 65 the engine seems to run rough.:frown: Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

Might be a problem with the torque converter clutch solenoid. if it were a misfire, you would most likely feel it more around 45-50 or so when the converter first locks. Car throwing any codes? Might want to scan it anyway, the CEL doesnt always come on when a code is stored

Well, I had it scanned yesterday and there were no codes. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Might be a longshot but?

Might be a longshot but? Try inspecting your MAF sensor on it, mine went caput at 81,000 miles, tried cleaning it but it was dead. My car would cut off completley with the bad MAF sensor.

If you tap the brake pedal under light acceleration when it feels rough do the rpms go up and the converter unlock?

Hmmm...when mine was doing the rough acceleration thing the converter was having trouble unlocking.

My solution was to unplug the TCC solenoid, clean the contacts, and plug it back in. That fixed my issue but not sure about yours.