Rolling fender lip

URSPANKED

Anyone have a good method of rolling the rear fender lip for tire clearance? I bought a set of BFG Drag Radials on Weld ProStars and the fender lip is eating the outside edge up. I would appreciate any tips. Thanks very much.

Originally posted by BOOSTEDGNs
baseball bat

what is meant by baseball bat? what i mean by that is what do you beat on the fender with the bat very litely until it is bent or you roll the bat on the fender lip. what do you put behind the bat to give it leverge?

you need enough room with the tire on jacked up some, just enough to get the bat in between the tire and quarter and use the handle to leverage it, use an aluminum bat too for the wood ones will break on you...I used this method on my mustang when I could not locate the other tool as recomended from another site take it slow and a little at a time you dont want to rush it and break the paint. outcome is the same as with tool but done ghetto style

Originally posted by JoeNational

what is meant by baseball bat? what i mean by that is what do you beat on the fender with the bat very litely until it is bent or you roll the bat on the fender lip. what do you put behind the bat to give it leverge?

Should this be done with the wheel opening trim still in place, or will it bend OK along with the body panel? I have a plasma cutter and could cut the trim. I believe it's stainless.

I believe the W/O trims are aluminum! You can use a heatgun to warm the paint to lessen the chance of the paint cracking.

You could take the wheel off, crawl underneath and swing the baseball bat until the fender moves....personally I prefer a hammer!

i just did it this morning....granted it wasnt the smartest approach, but the finished product looks good, and i fit my 275/65's in there real nice car looks awesome with the rear wheel wells completely filled out and skinnies up front, what i did was take a cut off wheel and cut lines in the lip every 4 inches then slowly taped them with a hammer to fold them up, then hit'em with a little spray paint to keep it from rusting up...looks great, ill try and get some pics if i can find a digital camera

next_level

Thanks a bunch. That sounds like it would work really well. I will definitely give that a try.

For anyone who wants to Buy one, Eastwood has them for $299 vs the $495 the other guy is asking. http://www.eastwoodco.com But renting it from him is a cool option if you don't want to use the bat. Bat works great though.

HTH,

Ron

I have used the baseball bat trick a few times....

...actually a piece of 2" galvanized pipe works well too. :cool: