Rollerized center support 2004r

jaydigga

Hi guys,

5 year lurker, Finally getting around to doing my transmission, and have gotten most of my parts. Will be going behind a 350hp olds 350, w/ about 400 lbs of tq, and 3.56 gears. BTW, this is an OZ core.

Here goes. I have in hand:

CK Master Rebuild kit

Billet forward drum

Rebuilt 10 vane pump

GN servo

Rollerized low/rev and OD sprag assembly

Rollerized rear internal gear

Rollerized low reverse clutch housing

Amsoil torque drive synthetic fluid

The goal here is to have the ABSOLUTE least resistance possible, looking to squeeze out all of the efficiency i can out of this machine. Given how i have several roller components, would it improve things THAT much to get the rollerized center support? Trying to balance desires and budget.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

The support will reduce internal component friction and parasitic horsepower loss.Bearing are almost always better than washers.Try to spin the drum on the support with the washer installed and then with the bearing.The drum may spin once with the washer and 15 or 20 times with the bearing.It also reduces the thrust on the od ring gear washer which suffers from lack of lube.BEARINGS REQUIRE MUCH LESS LUBE OIL.

That seems to make a lot of sense, especially after visualizing the way you just described.. Will probably be scooping one up.

My focus is on having as little rolling resistance as possible.. an oft overlooked aspect of performance builds.

Thanks for the info chris, I'll be in touch.