Roller Rocker arm help

gmgearhead

I was running Kenne Bell brand roller rocker arms on my stock iron's.These look just like T&D except they have no spacers in between the rocker arms but have adjustable slide colllars.I now have purchased GN-1's and seem to have a problem with the roller tip aligning properly on the valve stem tip.The rockers have shims in between them and the collars and if they are removed or added to a different location the roller tips align better but not sure if this is a proper procedure as some will not have the shim.These shims look just like valve spring shims.I should have taken pictures but forgot my digital camera.The motor is at my shop at my parents house.Do i need to just purchase some new rockers.Do GN-1's take different rockers than a stock iron head.I already found out that roller cam 8.2 pushrods were too short with these heads.Got some new 8.4 pushrods that are correct.

thanks,Walter

Using the shims to move the rocker on the shaft is a good way to make sure the roller tip is perfectly aligned over the valve. I did this with my T&D's on S2 heads. If I followed the T&D instructions, the rockers didn't line up perfect, and had alot of side to side play. So I moved shims around until I got the the rockers where I wanted.

You can buy extra shims from T&D. You can also turn down a spacer in a lathe if you need to remove small amounts.

To the best of my knowledge, Kenne Bell rockers are made by T&D.

thanks for the info..!!!
I'm going to buy a new set, as the push rod is up against the hole in the head and i don't really feel like maching the hole bigger.I would have to do three holes.

Is your push rod length correct I have seen this cause some issues like hitting the push rod holes.

What did you do with your old rocker set up?