Roller rocker question

JDEstill

Turboliscious!
I just acquired a set of used T&D 1.65:1 roller rockers. Are there any concerns I should be aware of, any reason I shouldn't run these? I got them with the intention of just throwing them on the car along with a new set of PAC 1201 springs. I'm running a hydraulic roller cam I got from Anderson Perf several years ago, I think the duration is 214/214. Don't remember the lift. I'd have to go dig through my files to find the specs. I also have aftermarket valve covers from TA Performance that I believe are supposed to clear roller rockers. Any issues I need to consider, or just throw them on and go?

Anything mechanical I should check on these things? Everything seems to move smoothly, nothing seems amiss, anything I should check particularly closely?

If you have stock unmodified heads the 3 rocker pedestals will have to be modified to clear the rockers.

In addition to what Mike said if they are stock heads the guides will need to be shortened as well

Heads are ported irons, new guides and all that. Though when I say new, that was new about 20 years ago now I guess, LOL. But not as it came from the factory. The pedestals have never been touched that I recall. Coil bind, I will certainly check that. As for the guides, I guess retainer to guide clearance is the issue? I can check that too. Good thoughts, I appreciate it. Anything else?

Only way to know is to measure, mock it up, measure again, then assemble it when it looks right.

I’ve had to replace the adjusters on a few sets in the past year on full engine builds when I re-used the rocker arms. Replacing the adjusters and pushrods is a good practice on any engine. They wear together in operation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be sure and get the proper length push rod as too long or too short will cause the adjuster on the rockers to block oil flow. They oil through a necked down area of the adjuster and too deep or shallow will cause a block.