Roll cages, bolt in? weld in?

nickb

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows of a bolt in cage for our cars, or any experiences or knoledge you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Nick

since our cars have a complete frame, you must use a welded to the frame roll bar/cage....bolt ins are not legal

I thought I saw a post recently that quoted the most recent NHRA rulebook that stated that the bar must be either bolted or welded to the frame. I only remember because it struck me that bolting it to the frame seemed to be a change from the old rules. I could be imagining this, though. The mind isn't quite what it used to be. ;)

nope...all cars with OEM frame require welding...unibody cars can have welding or bolts to attach to plates

How much would a weld in cage run for our cars, and does anybody know of anyone in the philadelphia area that they recomend.

I just bought one from www.swracecars.com If you dont mind doing the work yourself you can save a lot. Most bars or cages run $100 per point to have them installed.

If you call S&W ask for Stokes and tell him Dale sent you. Very nice guy to work with.

Originally posted by Mac in SD
I thought I saw a post recently that quoted the most recent NHRA rulebook that stated that the bar must be either bolted or welded to the frame. I only remember because it struck me that bolting it to the frame seemed to be a change from the old rules. I could be imagining this, though. The mind isn't quite what it used to be. ;)

That is in the rule book, BUT, you must read further. Unibody cars can use a bolt in, in certain circumstances. A framed car of any kind must have a welded in bar.

NOT AGAIN!!

Here we go! This poor old horse gets a whoopin about every 6 weeks! I'd think by now he'd have died.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No Chuck...they obviously have excellent Vet's out there that can bring back the dead:p

Unless I am misinterpreting this somehow, my NHRA 2003 rulebook specifically says "All vehicles with an OEM frame must have rollbar welded or bolted to the frame; installation of frame connectors on unibody cars does not constitute a frame; therefore it is not necessary to have the roll bar attached to the frame."

Originally posted by c&cgn
Unless I am misinterpreting this somehow, my NHRA 2003 rulebook specifically says "All vehicles with an OEM frame must have rollbar welded or bolted to the frame; installation of frame connectors on unibody cars does not constitute a frame; therefore it is not necessary to have the roll bar attached to the frame."

That's what I thought I read! I'm NOT losin' it!:D :D :D

hmmmm, the 2003 book does indeed say that..............dunno what would pass tech

me, I have mine welded in.......