role up window question

boost jnky

i am taking my panels off on my doors and the knob on the role up windows doesnt seem to want to come off. i am trying to be careful with it cause things are not being made for these cars much any more, any help would be apreciated thanks.

Any good auto parts store has a GM Window Handle Removal Tool. It slides behind the handle and releases the wire spring clip. Super easy with that tool, almost impossible without.

-Jimmy.

Attachments

• window tool.jpg
    window tool.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 84
Push on the door panel a bit so you can see the "omega" shaped clip. Turn the handle until the clip is upside down (prongs facing up). Take some twine and wrap it over the handle and pull down. It will grap the prongs and pull the clip off the handle. You can use other stuff, just be careful. No need for a special tool but, it's probably easier with the tool. If you need to get the job done now, my method will suffice.

good luck

Carefully pop the clip with a flat head screwdriver?:confused: No need for a special tool

should be able to get that tool at any local parts store for under $10 well worth the money.especially if you try the the way the guys mentioned and you mess up your doorpanels.

I never could get the tool to work; so I just bent a piece of welding rod into a hook. Worked better than the $10 tool.

the 1 in the picture looks like a better 1 because of the thing rivited on the end i have found the quality better on those, the cheaper one without the thing on the backside i have also sometimes had problems with.

lisle i know makes the better 1 it is also american made! also try a napa parts store or carquest if you have either one of those in your area