Rods and pistons

BGNeXtreem

Have the stock 5.3 truck motor I'm just changeing ring gaps and putting arp rod bolts also arp head studs on it but my question is I also have the 4.8 and it will be final motor that winds up in the Buick but I want to build it up. With that in mind i know the crank is good so what rods and pistons should I get and do they make a stock replacement forged piston don't want to bore it if it's not needed any info would greatly be appreciated

No info on them. Just remember reading about them. They are a stock bore low compression forged piston. Check with a wiseco dealer and see what they have to say.

how much power are you going for? Lots of people put in ARP rod bolts and call it a day. Those short stroke monsters can really rip with a turbocharger or two.

Black Power said:
how much power are you going for? Lots of people put in ARP rod bolts and call it a day. Those short stroke monsters can really rip with a turbocharger or two.

With the stock 5.3 I plan on pushing it north of 800 until it breaks having the 4.8 built while I'm Beatin the 5.3 to death. The 4.8 because of the short stroke is going to be the punisher in that I want to push it to 1,000 or more:) we shall see

The 4.8 because of the short stroke is going to be the punisher in that I want to push it to 1,000 or more:) we shall see

Rods and pistons will be a must for that power. Wiseco makes a piston for the stock bore and .020" over if my memory is correct. Other than that others have had custom pistons made (about $1000). HTH

I agree I have to build the mess out of the 4.8 just can't find rods for it I already have two comlete blocks so buying another just to get a 6.0 isn't going to happen ill make due with what I have