rod bearings

i think i had to much oil pressure????? 46 miles into this everything new motor. rod knocking after about 2 weeks i went out behind my shop drug that hunk of crap in and tore it down mains were fine every rod bearing in it showing all brass. i used a kenne bell plate and spring had a bunch of pressure. maybe washed out rods??

No such thing as too much oil pressure. Oil will not damage your bearings. Pump load from running those high pressures may kill your front cam bearing though....but that is a different topic. HTH.

Did you mic the clearances on the rods with the new bearings installed? I've had mismatched bearings sent to me before by accident, and I was lucky enough to catch it before final assembly.

I agree with above, the oil won't damage the bearings, though too high a pressure can cause other problems down the road, such as cam bearings, or on the road with the oil filter blowing off the car and onto the road, making a huge mess.

I did this on a cold day once, on an SBC with 40 weight oil in it, trying to impress a girl. Although I didn't ask her, I think it failed to impress her in the right way, as she ended up having to walk home.

Good luck

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

Too much oil pressure wasn't the problem. Not taking out rod bearings anyway. I run the same KB oil mods on mine, but I run even higher pressures (50,000 miles now).

If all of your rod bearings were wiped, I'd have to say it was something a bit more sinister, like insufficient bearing clearances.

But! did you check the crank machining???? Was is truely cut 10 10???