RockFord sub ques....

mr_85regal

Lead foot and a slow car
i got a set of older Rockford 8's from a friend for free....but i dont know what ones they are...the magnet is big and they weight alot...the numbers and stuff on the back is [ RFP-1808 8 Ohm] whats the peak watts on this beast?

I had the same ones when I was using them for mid-bass drivers in my SPL truck but I dont recall the peak power. I shipped my R.T.T.I manual to Darkfa8 (Dan) and if he receives it today, he should be able to look it up and tell ya if you dont find your answer.

well were they decent for 8's? im thinkin of changin my system around to 2 american pro bass machine 12's {600 watts each} i also got for free and put the 2 8's in the same box for the mid bass.....did they actually sound good at all? ive heard some 8's and the only ones i ever thouhght sounded good were the JL W-3 8's.... only problem with them {the 8's} is that my friend that gave them to me ripped the foam surround and im in the process of fixing them right now but one has a 2-3 inch section missing...i have the piece thats missing and i was thinkin to duct tape the foam from the back to hold it in place and ive been using thin layers of RTV silicone to seal the cracks and holes on them...ive done this b4 when i punched holes in the rubber surround on a set of my 10's w/ a drill {stupid me}

LOL

i have the piece thats missing and i was thinkin to duct tape the foam from the back to hold it in place and ive been using thin layers of RTV silicone to seal the cracks and holes on them...ive done this b4 when i punched holes in the rubber surround on a set of my 10's w/ a drill {stupid me}

you crack me up man! :D

Originally posted by mr_85regal
did they actually sound good at all? ive heard some 8's and the only ones i ever thouhght sounded good were the JL W-3 8's

I liked them and actually sound very good for mid-bass drivers. I built a woofer cabinet for a set in an RX-7 and had very good results. They didnt blow the glass out of the car but produced enough bass that was actually perfect for a small cabin vehicle.

Do an impedance check before you go further. There is a possiblity that your buddy was running them blown, and the coil was grinding at the magnet (messing things up). You will be fine provided the sub measures very closely to original impedance spec.

Evan

his brother had the subs sittin around since they were new and never used them at all.....