rocker arms

christians87

does anyone replace there stock rocker arms for roller rocker arms that have a greater ratio to increase total valve lift with the stock cam? if so what do you use and where did you get it? also did you notice any changes in power by the seat of your pants if you will lol. thanks for all input!

Step up your turbo (based on your sig.) LONG before you buy roller rockers. You won't net much power with only a ratio change. 5-10 hp at best. Plenty of guys have run high tens with completely stock engines. (mechanically) If you step up to ported heads and cam, THEN purchase roller rocker and valve covers (needed to clear the roller rockers) Ported heads would also be a better bang for the buck. Roller rockers will REQUIRE trimming the rocker pedistals on the cylinder head, too. Be sure to let your head porter know that you are/might go with roller rockers, and they can quickly trim the pedistals. Roller rockers will set you back over $600 for less than 10 hp. That $600 will buy you 50-60hp in a used turbo.

great info! thank you for saving me the money! my engine just isnt ready for a turbo upgrade yet. i still need to upgrade my fuel pump injectors fpr and exhaust. where would you start for the most noticeable gains? thanks

great info! thank you for saving me the money! my engine just isnt ready for a turbo upgrade yet. i still need to upgrade my fuel pump injectors fpr and exhaust. where would you start for the most noticeable gains? thanks

if you have alky like your signature says, do the injectors, fuel pump, fpr, and then like stated above, heads and turbo would make some substantial power increases!

An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is a must for tuning! Also a guage you can tape to the windshield for reading fuel pressure while driving is a must. In car are expensive! If you have stock injectors they are old dirty & small. get some 60's & a chip from Eric @ Turbo Tweak & never worry again. LOTS of choices on exhaust! Start searching vendors & post about exhaust.

An adjustable fuel pressure regulator is a must for tuning! Also a guage you can tape to the windshield for reading fuel pressure while driving is a must. In car are expensive! If you have stock injectors they are old dirty & small. get some 60's & a chip from Eric @ Turbo Tweak & never worry again. LOTS of choices on exhaust! Start searching vendors & post about exhaust.

Mike Lichts got a special on the 60's right now! $39.99 per injector i believe!!!

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/advertiser-specials/267979-60-lb-injectors-blow-out-special.html

what about exhaust? i have factory piping with thrush super turbo mufflers and a removed cat. unported elbo. i just kind figured i would need to free up the exhaust alittle before i do any other upgrades. like maby a 3 inch downpipe.

althought injectors do seem like they might would give me more bang for my buck now that i think about it lol:tongue: .

my car is still through the stock, unported elbow for the turbo! Im sure its a restriction but im satisfied for now. i run a 3" torque tech downpipe, same as a kirban one, and it gets the job done. probably could find one for pretty cheap too!