Rock band Great White's concert goes up in flames in RI

yea i heard about that at like 4 am last night on fox news..

back then it was "25" dead

i cant imagine so many people dying from watching the video footage, you would think everyone would have been able to get out safely.. but i guess not. :(

very sad indeed. geez all this gloom and doom sucks. first 9-11, then the impending war, the shuttle, now two club disasters. whats next? the toll so far is 95 confirmed, and all bodies are thought to be removed now.

ya I have been watchin it all day on TV here...hopefulley they get all the bodies today an tonight...we are suppose to get "moonsoon's" tomorrow..:(

From what I heard is that there were ONLY 300 people at the concert,how can 1/3 die,,,wtf was going on:( :(

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
From what I heard is that there were ONLY 300 people at the concert,how can 1/3 die,,,wtf was going on:( :(

Apparently everyone ran to the door from which they came in (the front door) instead of using one of the other 3 fire exits. Most people that survived went out a different door. Most of the bodies were found piled up at the front door.

Where the hell is people's common sense anymore? I mean holy sh*t - you have pyrotechnics designed for use at a stadium with 100 foot or no ceiling and you set them up on a stage in a tiny club with 8-10 foot ceilings. Didjya see the video? The very second they lit that thing up it ignited everything it touched. How the hell could you not have predicted that?

In addition to the pain the criticially injured survivors and families of the victims have to endure, I'm sure the band, their management and the club owners are all financially ruined.

It's just so senseless.....

Jim

well they pulled out a 96th victim aparently trying to hide form the flames in the basement, lets see 187 confirmed injuries at the hospitals, 96 dead and many more coming forth that made it out unscathed. sounds too me they had way more than 300 more like 350 or more. that place was very small, they were all crushed right at the front door. alot of these smaller night clubs pack way more than capacity because they are not regulated well like big venues at areanas. someones gonna get the book thrown at them for this one.

They were saying 300 at the time because thats what the fire code's max occupancy was for the building. Now they are saying there was much more than that, but not sure how much more. What a horrible accident and horrible judgement, no matter if they were told they could use them or not, the tech for the band knows what the pyrotechs were going to do and how large a space was needed, what a moron to use them in that place.
I can't get all those people packed at the front door out of my head, some had their heads out the door but were still stuck because of everyone behind them pushing forward.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
I can't get all those people packed at the front door out of my head, some had their heads out the door but were still stuck because of everyone behind them pushing forward.

I saw that on the news. People piled as high as the doorway with smoke billowing out every inch that wasn't plugged up with a body.

The other creepy thing, too, and I know this is weird, is all their cars still in the parking lot. Like after 9/11, there were hundreds of cars in the lots at the NJ Transit train stations that belonged to victims. I'd get the willies when I walked by one that hadn't moved in a while.

Jim

actually those spark things are supposed to be safe.

you can light one and put your arm directly in the sparks and it wont burn you..

but then again that egg crate foam is VERY flammable.