Road Trip!

slow305

One Cool Guy
Today, a buddy of mine and I are embarking on a trip from Virginia Beach, VA to Abuquerque, NM. I'm going out of the country for three years and the Buick is going to stay with my parents in law. The first leg is from here, down to Auburn, AL to stay with an old friend of mine. Next, off to Dallas for the 4th of July. Then last leg to Albuquerque. If any of you guys see me on the highway, give me a honk!

It's like your own little Power Tour :) Have a safe drive. I use to live in VA beach.. nice area.

If you feel like driving south from DFW a little then you're welcome to come down for some cooking and partying. I'm off for the 3rd and 4th but will cooking some deer for my co workers on the 3rd. I have more than I need but you're welcome to join in.

Thanks Steve, hopefully I'll be back in 2013.

Dr- we should do that. I should be there on the 5th until the 15th.

Got to Auburn last night I've never driven the car for so long at 75, but the car loved it! A couple weird things did happen with the cruise control though. First, the cruise light started working for some reason. It would also accelerate randomly or forget that it was suppose to hold speed, but niether phenomenon would last more than a few seconds. Other than that, temps never went above 180, averaged about 22mpg with the AC on. Not bad for 129k on the clock.

God Bless America!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 105
Fireworks warehouse just outside Auburn.

Attachments

47.6 KB · Views: 104
On my way right now. Should be there around 9 or so My AC compressor took a dump on me outside of Birmingham. Good thing the weather is so nice. I'm getting good use out of the astro roof.

Attachments

12.1 KB · Views: 94
A really redneck dude at a truckstop in middle of nowhere Mississippi offered to buy my car for $8500. He then told me he was going to put 24's on it.

A couple more pics.

I think my arm is sunburnt.

Attachments

20.2 KB · Views: 88
Looks like it's raining in Texas.

Attachments

22.6 KB · Views: 85
Not at the moment but it's a little sticky down here. Just finished the deer on the smoker running in and out of the rain. Not a lot of fun.

I forgot how clear the skies are in the southwest. Everywhere east of the Mississippi, there is a permanant haze.

Attachments

15.3 KB · Views: 64
We made it last night. I can't believe I traveled 2000 miles in this old Buick. 130k on the stock engine and it only burned one quart of oil. The shocks are shot and the springs are very saggy so the ride was a little interesting, but it did keep you on your toes. No breakdowns or unexpected suprises though. Who says don't buy American!?

Attachments

23.4 KB · Views: 64
Glad you made it man! Those shocks and springs just give you something to make plans for upgrades when you come back! :)