RJC PP Issues...

Cool87GN

My car was running great and I put this part on and now my car runs like ****. I took it off and it still runs crazy. I have black smoke coming out of my exhaust and the idle quality is terrible. The car is trying to stall and even when I floor it, the car goes like 15 MPH. What the hell could have happened? Please help me! Thank you,

Cool87GN said:
My car was running great and I put this part on and now my car runs like ****. I took it off and it still runs crazy. I have black smoke coming out of my exhaust and the idle quality is terrible. The car is trying to stall and even when I floor it, the car goes like 15 MPH. What the hell could have happened? Please help me! Thank you,

Well, firstly, Jason's products are well proven by dozens of happy customers so, assuming you have the right power plate for your particular application, I would assume the problem is in the installation.

Do you have it installed correctly ?

Vacuum leaks ?

All lines put back correctly ?

Keep us all informed :)

George

Sounds like a MAFS problem. Try unplugging it and see if it runs any better.

let me seeif i understand

you pulled the intake apart and installed a simple plate

it ran lousy

so you removed the plate

and it still runs lousy

and since it is no longer on your car simple logic says youve eliminated the plate as the problem

SO HOW CAN YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH THE POWERPLATE AS YOUR THREAD SUGGESTS !

sounds like a case of ineptus mechanicus

recheck every wire you may have disconnected especially the TPS

CHECK YOUR MAF!!!! I had the EXACT thing happen to mine. Got it finished and my son (16 years old at the time) came out into the garage and I told him to take me around the block. We pull out and car running like crap. I checked everything, pulled the PP, still ran crappy. Finally found a bad maf. I think (in my case anyway) when I had the maf out I may have bumped it or something and it freaked out.Hope it helps.

p.s. after I fixed the problem car was WAY more consistant and tuneable.

Hi,
I agree, it sounds like a simple modification went wrong, but I doubt the part was at fault. Good luck!

Whats your Block learn [is it 150-160] - like mentioned earlier you probably have a huge vacuum leak now from the upper plenum.... Did you remove all parts of the old gasket? I've been running a power plate since release years ago and have ZERO problems.....