RJC powerplate install. Stock plenum spacer?

trbogn

image.jpg I am installing a RJC powerplate and I got the upper plenum removed. There is a hard plastic spacer installed already. Is this stock? Should I remove this spacer and just go with the rjc powerplate? Stack them on top of each other?

Thanks.

Def not stock. Don't think you should reuse it. The power plate might not work correctly with the spacer.

Jason with rjc told me to go ahead and keep it on, no harm done and won't affect flow of plate. My bolts were longer to adjust for the height added so I would have had to go get others or cut mine, neither I wanted to do. Keep it on and run it.

Thanks for the info. I am just going to keep it and put the rjc plate on the bottom. All the bolts are a longer custom length.

Doesn't make a tinkers damn one way or the other. 11.29 with, 11.28 without. Next day 11.33 with 11.35 without.

My understanding of the plate is that they redistribute the airflow correcting a lean condition on cylinder 1 lets you add boost before that cylinder shows detonation. Much like race gas if you just add it without adding timing or boost it's not going to make you any faster.