RJC Boost Controller No Directions

DaveyX87

I just got my RJC BC and they must have forgot to send the instructions. There are multiple threads but none have active links to the instructions. I know it is a straightforward install but I would like the instructions anyway. I have a stock wastegate and people are saying the rod needs to be adjusted?

Vacuum hose from nipple on the compressor goes to the bottom of the controller. Another vacuum hose goes from the other end of the controller to the nipple on the waste gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got mine. I'll post the instructions tonight. The 90 deg end connects to the waste gate actuator and the straight end connects to the turbo compressor. (edited for correct information)

On your set up with a non- adjustable WG just leave it connected, install the RJC BC and screw it apart so there are a lot of threads showing (low boost) to start with and screw the BC together (less threads showing to increase the boost) until you get the boost you want.

Most guys, myself included, have either installed an adjustable WG or modded their stock one to make it adjustable for higher boost.
In this case it is recommended in the instructions to return the WG to the factory setting (factory boost setting, where you pull the WG actuator rod out approx. 1/8 inch to connect to the WG puck) and adjust the boost with the RJC.

I have read a lot of posts as well and this is my take on things. It seems that some guys can't get the boost high enough so they adjust the adjustable WG as well as the RJC.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I believe the 90 degree end connects to wg and the straight end to the turbo. I talked to Jason at RJC and he walked me through it. My confusion was whether I needed an adjustable wg or not. I found a bunch of threads about the RJC bc and people kept mentioning messing with the wg. I put mine on yesterday. I got it adjusted for about 13lbs of boost for now (91 CA gas). I will up the boost when I get Alky. I haven't really noticed much of a difference in spool up with the RJC. It might spool slightly faster. I suppose I will see a difference when I increase boost.[/QUOTE]

I will have to take mine apart again to make sure I put the ball and spring back in right as to which end goes where. You may have saved me some headaches.

I better label this as RJC boost controller install/ insructions/ directions for easier searching.

image.jpeg
DaveyX87:
You are right, I am wrong. You are good looking and I am unattractive.
I'm sure that was in a movie somewhere.

Last edited: