RJC 5" DP, and 4" exhaust

souljasmooth

Anyone using these two parts? I have a TH 3" DP, and ATR 2.5" exhaust on my GN now, and was looking at upgrading to the RJC parts. How does the RJC 4" exhaust sound? I know they have a sound clip on their site, but it is hard to tell from it. I like the deeper sound, and the sound of the turbo more. Am I going to get this with this exhaust? Is the 5" DP worth the extra money? I figure if I do this, I would do it all at once.

Anyone using these two parts? I have a TH 3" DP, and ATR 2.5" exhaust on my GN now, and was looking at upgrading to the RJC parts. How does the RJC 4" exhaust sound? I know they have a sound clip on their site, but it is hard to tell from it. I like the deeper sound, and the sound of the turbo more. Am I going to get this with this exhaust? Is the 5" DP worth the extra money? I figure if I do this, I would do it all at once.

5" DP:eek: gee whizz!! I dunno man Depends on your setup !! Ive seen plenty of set ups making 500plus hp on 3'" DP, With little changes going to a 3.5 DP!! I think the 5" is big time overkill!! You are going to be doing some modification to the fenderwell and im sure itll be very tight underthere, bc Ive read and saw 3.5" and there a snugg fit!! But I do like that 4" single shot exhaust they got for sure!!!

Edit--- scroll down in this section and look into the 3.5" DP question thread!! Might give you some direction!!

5" DP:eek: gee whizz!! I dunno man Depends on your setup !! Ive seen plenty of set ups making 500plus hp on 3'" DP, With little changes going to a 3.5 DP!! I think the 5" is big time overkill!!

well we made 740 rwhp with a crummy 3" one.. I guess with the 5" we would prob get a 1000 rwhp :p

Yeah I think the 5" dp would be overkill, but I figured if I was going to change it out, I might as well get the biggest one they make. I was more interested in getting the 4" exhaust, but was thinking of just buying both parts at once, and doing everything at once. How much work is it to get the 5" dp to fit?

So does anyone have the 4" exhaust from RJC? I am curious how it sounds on our cars? Im not too into loud exhausts, but I do like it when you can really here the turbo.

If you wanna hear your turbo invest in a cold air setup..I built my own or you can but a bigmouth from tr custom parts...Placing your k&n in front of the core support instead of underhood will make a huge difference in the sound from the turbo...Plus it adds like 500 hp on a cool day lol jk......

So does anyone have the 4" exhaust from RJC? I am curious how it sounds on our cars? Im not too into loud exhausts, but I do like it when you can really here the turbo.

better not get the 4 inch exhuast if you dont like loud exhausts...

Agree. Do NOT buy even a single 3" if you don't like LOUD exhaust. A 3" down pipe will work in a 10.1@136 mph car. The 5" DP would be needed for a car making well north of 1200 HP. Remember (pi x R squared) from geometry class in high school? :) (sorry, didn't mean to bring back horror into your life. Geometry, algebra and Trig, OH MY! :eek:):biggrin:
Hoa, I sent you a PM awhile back, did you get it?

Agree. Do NOT buy even a single 3" if you don't like LOUD exhaust. A 3" down pipe will work in a 10.1@136 mph car. The 5" DP would be needed for a car making well north of 1200 HP. Remember (pi x R squared) from geometry class in high school? :) (sorry, didn't mean to bring back horror into your life. Geometry, algebra and Trig, OH MY! :eek:):biggrin:
Hoa, I sent you a PM awhile back, did you get it?

Hey Ken, No I dont think I ever got it.

To me that exhaust doesnt seem that loud. It just sounds really deep, which I dont mind. Ive seen that video already. Its just really hard to tell how it really sounds in person. Thats why I was wondering if anyone on these forums has that setup in their car. On RJC's website, it says that you can hear more of the turbo with this 4" exhaust, which is what got me interested.

I am running the RJC 4" on my GN and would say, if you use it mainly for cruising and like listening to the radio then dont get it. If you race your car and love the sound the turbo makes then get it. Its definately louder than your normal exhaust but its not terribly droney (is that a word?) and does not irritate me in the least.

Here is a short video of me doing a burnout taken from across the street. The car sounds you hear are all my Buick.

[YOUTUBE]Tbxq2idy-YI[/YOUTUBE]

Here is a longer video that you can fast forward to about the 11:25 mark. That is the same burnout but taken with the exhaust pointed at the camera.

[YOUTUBE]cIBgv0UVnKs[/YOUTUBE]

I think it sounds great.

To me that exhaust doesnt seem that loud. It just sounds really deep, which I dont mind. Ive seen that video already. Its just really hard to tell how it really sounds in person. Thats why I was wondering if anyone on these forums has that setup in their car. On RJC's website, it says that you can hear more of the turbo with this 4" exhaust, which is what got me interested.

I have the set-up on my car and since I have the same moniker as Jason. I say "overkill....what's the matter with that!?!"
My car isn't stock and I love the raspy tone at idle and it has some resonance and low speed, but not bad at cruising speeds.

I will have exactly what your looking to hear on my car in a couple months (5" DP with a 4"RJC exhaust). Its just sitting in the trunk right now waiting for some consistant good weather.