Ring Gear Part #

ICT87GN

I am removing my open carrier and installing a GM 2 series posi with a ring gear spacer. I need to know the part number for the bolts that mount the ring gear to the carrier and spacer. GM 10 bolt, 8.5", stock ring gear.

Thanks

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a GM number. I don't believe GM makes a ring gear spacer. You're probably going to have to buy a ring gear spacer kit out of Jegs or Summit. The kit comes with both the ring gear spacer and the longer bolts necessary for this conversion.

IMO, I would not use a ring gear spacer....

....especially if you are making any real power. Either buy the correct ring gear for your carrier (probably available aftermarket), or buy the correct carrier for your ring gear. That ring gear spacer will come back to bite ya in da butt when you least expect it, then you be buying a carrier and a set of gears. If you must use it, by all means use RED loctite and be very thorough in torquing them to make sure the bolts stay put. I have also seen some of those ring gear spacers induce as much as .005" runout in a ring gear. Not a good thing. :eek: