Right window won't go up!!!!!!

2QWIK4U

Right window won't go up,I put new switch in and still it will only go down. Now it's over half way down and I need an idea on what to do!!!!!!

Which switch did you replace i had a drivers side go bad and the pass. side wouldn't work

I replaced pass side switch, it will go down but not up. Could it still be drivers switch?

Not what I wanted to hear Nick,not an easy job!!!!! So the motor can be bad and work down but not up?

Not what I wanted to hear Nick,not an easy job!!!!! So the motor can be bad and work down but not up?

Yes, my orioginal T-Type had a VERY slow pass side window from when new, and finally it quit. :(

Have seen this a few other times as well when it goes down. but not up.

Not a hard job if you know the tricks! :)

When I had the motor out, I did not have a Delco motor in stock and was forced to use a parts house replacement one. I was VERY suprised when it raised the window at least twice as fast as ever!

I did the window rattle elimination kit at the same time when I did my driver door window (still have to do the passenger motor sometime). Lesson learned for me, is definitely take digital pictures of how the scissor arm wheels fit on into the tracks and on the motor....because when you pop that last rivet out of the motor and it all comes crashing down, it's not totally obvious how it all fits back together :eek: I tried to keep everthing in relatively the same position but failed. good sharp drill bit for drilling out rivots...there was no friggin way my rivets were going to be "tapped" (pounded) out without damaging the door. I wound up using a dremmel and a good drill bit to make short order of those darn rivets.

I'd be checking the wires in the drivers side door jamb first. I've had more than a few GM cars break a wire in there due to flexing every time the door opens/shuts. It made the same symptoms.

With the dome light on,try the switch to raise the window. Does it dim? If it does,the circuit is closing.

So the circuit runs thru the drivers door even if the pass switch doesnt work? And light doesn't dim

Well I definetly need to know the tricks. Cant raise window and need to fix it asap!!!

PM me with your phone number and I will be glad to call you as I will not be in the shop until next week.

It would take me an hour or 2 to type an answer with my poor typing skills and this borrowed POS laptop. :rolleyes:

Thanks Nick,but it's a broke wire behind dash. Then I slam door on wires for door locks and short all that out and melted the fuse into box!!!!!!!!!!!