ridetech rideheight

truckindude

How much lower should my car be with ridetech coilovers?Just finished installation front and rear,dissapointed the front only dropped 3/4" at the most??They are already adjusted all the way down,because any further and the shocks come loose from the springs.

guess it depends on what shocks you bought and what springs they supplied based on your cars weight control arm mounting position and your desired height
if the shock can be run at your desired height ( then the spring needs to be lightened or shortened depending on the rate you want from the spring ...you may need a shorter shock and spring
if your car is lightened then the spring needs to be adjusted accordingly to your specific weight

silly question but why arent you asking the company rep that you purchased them from?

Stock control arms?

With ride tech control arms, very low. I believe they are designed to ride 2" lower with the arms.

I hope you purchased them from GNS. Great product support from him.

2" lower i would assume would be 2" from stock .. actual drop ability depends on where yours was at
what is your fender lip height and with what tire height

Thanks for the replies,I did get them from gns and I do plan to call him tomorrow I just finished it last nite so I figured I'd ask on here till I can call him.The front is sitting at 26" from floor to fender lip in the front with 18" wheels,I forget my tire size at the moment.I did use ridetechs a arms too.

I am pretty sure you called already and I mentioned this, The car needs to be driven around a little so the suspension settles. All weight of the car must be on as well, No left off hoods, fenders, bumpers etc.

Since you never called back I assume all is better?

I can attest to the fact that you need to drive the car around for a while before setting the final height. I was adjusting it almost every time I drove the car so I just drove it for few days in a row and then did some adjusting and the car height has been stable ever since. I installed the full Ridetech adjustable coilvers/control arms system on my car.

How much lower should my car be with ridetech coilovers?Just finished installation front and rear,dissapointed the front only dropped 3/4" at the most??They are already adjusted all the way down,because any further and the shocks come loose from the springs.
please keep us posted on the rest of this story...
I have all of the Ride Tech Level II coil over kit at my house waiting to be installed Wednesday this week so im very interested in hearing the end to this story.

Stock control arms?

With ride tech control arms, very low. I believe they are designed to ride 2" lower with the arms.

I hope you purchased them from GNS. Great product support from him.

Scot from GNS is the man i have to agree...

I can attest to the fact that you need to drive the car around for a while before setting the final height. I was adjusting it almost every time I drove the car so I just drove it for few days in a row and then did some adjusting and the car height has been stable ever since. I installed the full Ridetech adjustable coilvers/control arms system on my car.
Im curious to know the first thing you noticed after the install??
Im curious to know what i should expect... wonder if im expecting to much!!!!
are you happy???

First thing I noticed was how tight the front end was. I change to the full ride tech true turn setup as well as bear brakes and all new parts in the front. Car felt like a new car for sure

First thing I noticed was how tight the front end was. I change to the full ride tech true turn setup as well as bear brakes and all new parts in the front. Car felt like a new car for sure

That makes me very excited... My GN drives like shit stock.... I have the Baer disks all the way around... Ride Tech Level II tru turn is getting installed on Wednesday...
Any suggestions or tips im open...

That makes me very excited... My GN drives like shit stock.... I have the Baer disks all the way around... Ride Tech Level II tru turn is getting installed on Wednesday...
Any suggestions or tips im open...
We are just a phone call away if you have ANY questions!

Damn brake booster is leaking from the kit i got from Kirbans... Piss's me off...
Sucks! You would have to call Kirban's on that one! If it were from a local parts store you could just take it back....

Sucks! You would have to call Kirban's on that one! If it were from a local parts store you could just take it back....
Almost gotta laugh!!! Already talked to my mechanic and he said that he was gonna get local parts place to swap it...
Have not even started the suspension project yet...!!! Im sure there will be more problems to solve. Juat a matter of how much momey i have to throw at it..

And Scot, i have a feeling my mechanic and you are going to talk at least one time. Speaking of that it would be nice to have a direct contact # in case he runs into issues. His garage is his income and i hate tying up his lifts for a non for seen issue/problem. Not on here. Maybe send me in e mail?

Our business number is my direct line so they will be able to get a hold of me.