Riddle me this...WHere is the oil going?

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Ok,

here is the skinny, I use AMS oil Syn 10w40.. Car does not leak or smoke at all. With the exception of a very small puff at startup.

It seems to be using oil as I have to check weekly (which is the norm) but have to add occasionally. Now the block is BONE DRY.. WTF?

Anyone? I mean I would think if oil is being used/leaking there would be somewhere it is going.. Can anyone explain or gimme some guidance?

oil is proably getting into the the intake track past the PCV, I think just about everyones car does this.. Is there any oil visible on the Vacuum block gasket?

Have you checked your intercooler for oil? Sometimes it does get past the turbo and into the engine, gets burned and you don't notice the smoke. Until it really starts to smoke a lot.... :-(
Keith

Thanks.. I gotta pull radiator to make room for MR BECOOL.. I will start poking around.. Thanks for the insight. More opinions appreciated!

My vote is the turbo seals are shot and it's going out the exhaust and you're not noticing it. That's what happened when my car was going thru that much oil. HTH

kinda afraid of that.. my problem with that is, if that is the case then PTE needs to hook a brotha up because the T63 is less than 2k old.. !! :mad:

welp...it sounds like your gunna get the PTE treatment too...save yourself the anger and just ship it to john craig...I'm 99.99% sure that PTE will find a way for it to be your falt the t63e has bit the dust!:rolleyes: ..flame on! good luck!

Be easy to find if it's going out the turbo. Pull the downpipe and have a look. Be all crusty/caked inside. If it is, go Turbonetics and be done with it.