ricky bobby...

denn454

turbo swimmer
i just went to see talladega nights, the ballad of ricky bobby. after seeing previews for the last 2 months i was sure it would be a great movie.

do yourself a favor, save the $9 and watch the previews again, all the funny stuff is in the previews anyways. sure it has a few other little funny parts but as a whole it was pretty lame, i was going to walk out but i thought my friends were enjoying it...

and i like corny movies, but this was just tod dumb, even for me.

see clerks 2 insted, super funny movie.

Yeah I can't decide if I want to see it. I love Anchorman, complete dumb-@$$ stupidity, but I think Will Ferrel's redneck character would annoy me.

After Anchorman, I swore off Will Ferrel for ever.

Life is too short.

Just saw it. Would give it about a 5 out of 10. Nothing special that's for sure. Hollywood still can't get an automotive movie right. Loved the 5 speed shift knobs in the cars and the continual shifting on the Talledega track. :biggrin: :( :biggrin: My ten year old son loved though.

UNGN said:
After Anchorman, I swore off Will Ferrel for ever.

Life is too short.

I hated it the first time.
Now it is like a cult classic in our house.

"I am going to punch you in the baby maker!"

"Milk was a bad choice!" :D

Dang...I guess I'll just wait for the DVD then. I was hooked by the previews as well. :frown:

BuickGn Boosted said:
Just saw it. Would give it about a 5 out of 10. Nothing special that's for sure. Hollywood still can't get an automotive movie right. Loved the 5 speed shift knobs in the cars and the continual shifting on the Talledega track. :biggrin: :( :biggrin: My ten year old son loved though.

i love how you can take 3 minutes out of a race while the driver goes to get a burger, have someone from the pit crew jump in and still manage to take 3rd. a lot of nascar drivers must be stupid, all you have to do is drop a gear and pass the car infront of you, and if you want you can even go just as fast in reverse.

i think the only stand out funny part is walker and texas ranger, their attitude was pretty funny.

don't bother with the dvd, just watch the trailer online, you won't miss a thing.

John Wilde said:
I hated it the first time.
Now it is like a cult classic in our house.

"I am going to punch you in the baby maker!"

"Milk was a bad choice!" :D

+1

The little british chick that sits next to me and is anti-nascar said she saw it and loved it.