Ricers killing one another ...

tom h

What is it with these people ? :rolleyes:
http://www.dailybulletin.com/Stories/0,1413,203~21481~1509755,00.html

Man stabbed, car stolen at race

ONTARIO - A 21-year-old Ontario [CALIF] man was stabbed and his car was stolen while he attended a street race early Saturday morning, police said.

Alvin Cooper and friends were standing in the 5500 block of East Airport Drive watching an illegal race at about 3 a.m. when they were approached by 5 or 6 men, one of whom started fighting with Cooper.

During the fight, Cooper was stabbed in the abdomen.

The suspects, who fled the scene in a green 1990s Mitsubishi Montero, have not been located yet.

After the attack, Cooper learned his white 1996 Honda Accord has been stolen. Authorities do not know who took the car.

Authorities found Cooper at the Mobil gas station in the 4300 block of East Ontario Mills Parkway. Cpl. David McBride said they believe he was driven to the station by a friend.
And, some "friend" ... dumps the victim at a gas station rather than drive him to the ER ...

Originally posted by Taffy
Why exactly are they "Ricers"?
Most of the illegal So Calif racers ARE ricers ... and these guys in particular WERE driving japanese vehicles ... makes them "ricers" in my book.

Most of the illegal So Calif racers ARE ricers ... and these guys in particular WERE driving japanese vehicles ... makes them "ricers" in my book.

So anyone who drives an Asian car is a ricer? You gotta be kidding.:rolleyes:

BT

Originally posted by tom h

Wow man. That is some stupid Sh*t.

It happened in california... related to illegal street racing... and they happened to be driving japanese cars. I don't care if it was a cadillac or a daewoo, sounds ricer to me.

If I can chime in here--- last night at CA Dragway they had their 3rd session of Saturday night racing until 11PM. I took the GN the last time they had night racing and they admitted 500 cars (I was #12), of which 80% were imports. It was like a 2F2F (2G!!) movie, complete with the teenage ladies in miniskirts and haltar tops strutting around the pits (it got cold and windy that night!!), boom stereos, seemingly everyone had one of those cell phones with neon lights, etc., etc. What a scene!

The airport and road referred to in the story are just a short drive away from the track which is on Cherry Ave.; it's about 10 minutes.

Morgan
'87 GN (11.19 @ 119)

WOW thx for posting that about California Speed Way...im so glad i worked over time and didn't go! that place is being over run by F'ing ricers and their AMAZING 14 sec runs. what a waste of time.

Your ricers run 14s!?!?!? :eek:

Lucky bastard. :)

We get all the guys that couldn't even qualify for the legendary "15-second club" out here in AZ.

We get all the guys that couldn't even qualify for the legendary "15-second club" out here in AZ.

Thats what I thought untill I ran a litle civic hatchbach (no stickers/wings/body kit) and gave him 1.2 sec at the lights (Zzzzzzz) only to finally run down his 14.3@99 with my 12.9@111 and beat him by .16sec.....................Talk about a near embarrassment :eek: