Retiring my LC2 powered Cars

BallisticV6

After watching those mustangs beat our Buick 6's at E-town this weekend...and witnessing a front wheel drive honda pull off low 9's with traction problems and lifting off the motor at the 1000' mark....this event finally pushed me into restoring back to stock my t-type and moth balling my TTA and start my new venture into.... "now strap your helmets on !!!! .....I'm officially into the import class of racing!!! Oh my god I can't believe I just said that!!!!!
I've been into Buick V6 racing since 1986 and I still believe Buick 6's are the greatest motors to come out of GM...However... I hold a grudge against the GM corp. for pulling the plug on the LC2 program way too early..and now GM stopped F body production!!!!! What a big disappointment!!!
For the past two years I tried racing my wifes mustang but I can't get that warm fuzzy feeling about it ....there is no doubt that these new mustangs are quick.....But there's something I like about having less than 8 cylinders and being able to beat 8 or more cylinder cars...the Buick 6 fed my racing desires for a long time but now I think its time to move on to newer things.........
...........hhhmmm how about I give GM another chance and build a 10 second SATURN for import class racing...............

There will come a day that there will be fewer and fewer Buick V6's out there at the track running(fast that is).

I plan on being one of them, whatever the case

Just think of how many Buick GNX's that kid with the 9 second honda could have bought.:rolleyes:

Its your call, I mean, I'm modding a saab of all things, but only becuase its a bit cheaper to build up than the buick. Sure she wont run 11s or even 12s. But when was the last time you saw a 2.0 4 banger from sweden pull on a camaro?:cool:

You could buy 2 stage motored TR's complete for what that kid had in the import. There was an 8 second TR for sale for like $30,000 just recently.

You'd better be prepared to spend mega-bux. Front drivers don't hook very well. Think of the money it took to go 9's..... I bet that guy had very traction advantage available. Still didn't hook. I've seen 9 second imports too. I respect them, they are faster than me, but they are all out race cars. Not even close to being streetable. I have A/C, cruise, and all the luxuries. If you really wanna go fast, there are waaay cheaper way to do it than imports. hell, just go buy someones 8 or 9 second race car, you will never build it for what you can buy it already done for.

so build a built-to-piss turbo neon.it's still a front driver,just not an import:).