Restoring and repairing an ATR dash set-up

1BUICKT

I like my projects so I picked this up locally off of craigslist with the knowledge it may need a bit of work. I have a few cut ends (8 actually) on the harness coming from the electronic board.
Does anyone hopefully have a pic of the harness when it's laid out and/or have a copy of the original 18 page installation instructions that they would sell & send me? Either would help me out a ton.

Thanks,
Johnny

pretty sure what hes describing is an ATR , with a circuit board panel behind the gauge cluster its not AVC its atr and it ties into a lot of the cars electronics , because of that board it puts the gauges at a lousy angle sitting flat with the bezel (no lens)
just did a pull and reinstall on one for a cracked dash change out
the wires he mentions were wrapped in nomex braid and i had to cut and re splice them because getting to the plugs would have been near impossible with all the other extra wiring in the car and without instructions to reinstall to the original locations would have been a bigger pain researching the install
as i recall theres 2 wires to the aldl (for lockup , ses lamp and code retreive ), two wires to the fan switch at the ac line for fan control , three wires to the vss sender at trans ,and 4 wires 2 for power (red ) and to 2 (orange) to the battery orange mem wire connector at battery to disable the ecu as a theft deterent and one for knock to the esc sensor and 2 wires for the oil and water senders to gauges, and a polytube for the boost gauge ,the curcuit board gets screws over the the factory analog gauge connectors so thats a plug and play for the turn signals lamps etc, the factory ses lamp just gets tucked behind the dash

Attachments

• 1005150828.jpg
    1005150828.jpg
    674.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 1005150941.jpg
    1005150941.jpg
    780 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I actually purchased this set up already installed in a "out of car" dash. The 3 aldl connectors were connected as were some of the wires to the gauges so I have those labeled.
The wires that are cut are in the pic attached. The green and brown up top go to the oil and water gauges, I need to also find where those cut ends connect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
If you need more help I would contact Richard Clark as he bought most of the ATR inventory at an auction. He might have the instruction manual.

If you need more help I would contact Richard Clark as he bought most of the ATR inventory at an auction. He might have the instruction manual.
Thanks. Is that also his member name on the forum? I was hoping maybe somebody had an old one laying around that they're no longer using.