Reseting IAC and TPS works

Blacktop87

Well I had trouble getting the car to Idle just right. So I searched day and night for the last couple of days and most of my time messing with the IAC screw and TPS.

So I decided to rest the IAC first, was reading the instructions like 20 times ( no lie) and when I saw the IAC numbers go down...the rpms would go up to around 1500 before I got tired of the noice, so I turned the car off. Put the ignition on (engine still off) and reset the TPS sensor back down to .42. Every time I would change one ...it would change the other. I did like 5 times to keep the bringing the IAC number down, and then reseting the TPS after every change of the IAC screw. The more I was bringing down the IAC, the TPS number would change (most of the time it went up).

So I had to keep going back and forth to change the number to where it would be nice and have no problem starting up with 1 turn of the key...not like 4 or 5 times when I first got it. Here are the number before and after.

AF 08
L8 56
Bat 14.1
Int 128
BL 128
MPH 00
CLT 165
ATS 71 ( I still need to replace this sensor)
r 850
TPS .48
IAC 82 ( yes..it was really that high.)
cc 247
MAL 23

After reseting everything:

AF 07
L8 50
Bat 14.0
Int 128
BL 115
MPH 00
Clt 170
Ats 71
r 825
TPS .44
IAC 23
cc 01
MAL 23

Hope this helps and if anyone thinks something is off or too high...I'm all ears cause I'm still tuning this car with the LT1 maf and Translator (regular).

I couldn't get that to work either. So I disconnect the batter for about 15 minutes, hooked everything up all at once, then started it up...ran fine.

On, On, On, Off
with both circular knobs as 1, 0 inside the translator.

Now, back to try tuning it some more...maybe chip this time.

Malfunction code 23 is your MAT sensor,the blm's are a little on the low side at 115, if it stays there you can adjust the translator to 10% lean at idle and it should bring that number up a few.

This is the sensor that's screwed into the airfilter housing, correct? I've got the 9" KN filter and install it into the maf pipe that I have. So I'll get one later on today and get it installed and reset thet codes, and see how it goes from there.

I'll change the knob on the translator to see if it brings the BLM up some.

Thanks for the help.

Well finally got the sensor in the KN filter and now no codes....getting a bit more confidence to actually work on these cars now.

Thanks for the help